New Maybelline Spring 2015 Color Tattoo Swatches Black Orchid, Hydrangea Hype, Rose Riot

Last week I posted some swatches of two new Maybelline Color Tattoo shades that were released for Spring 2015 (see them here) Petunia Punk and Hibiscus Heartbreak, but then I started hearing around the internet that there were three additional shades being released.  Some people told me that they found all five shades in a display at Walgreens and Duane Reade called "Girls Night Out", while others said they saw them at CVS in a different display.  
None of the Walgreens in my area had the Girls Night Out display...in fact, they didn't have any new Color Tattoos at all! I picked up the first two at Harmon's last week, and then I started checking all of the Walgreens and CVS stores in my area.  Of course, the very last CVS I checked had them and I almost missed them completely because they weren't part of a display! They were sitting on top of another Maybelline display that had the Lash Sensational mascara and Color Molten eyeshadows in it...a sales associate must have just stuck them there because they didn't have a home. There were only 2 of each shade and these are limited edition, so I have a feeling they are going to be very hard to find. 
Top: Black Orchid
Bottom: Rose Riot, Hydrangea Hype

Top: Rose Riot, Black Orchid
Bottom: Hydrangea Hype


Black Orchid is probably one of the prettiest Color Tattoo shades ever! It's a taupe with a hint of purple in it...just gorgeous!
Rose Riot is a pretty shell pink.  It's actually a lot sheerer than it looks in the jar.
Hydrangea Hype is a cool icy blue shade.  I don't normally wear blue eyeshadow, but this one's pretty subtle so I don't mind it.

Here they are swatched:
color tattoo black orchid swatch
Black Orchid, Rose Riot, Hydrangea Hype
Here are the other two shades I posted last week:
Petunia Punk, Hibiscus Heartbreak
Overall, this is such a pretty collection, and since I'm borderline obsessed with collecting Color Tattoos, I'm so happy I was able to find all 5. If you've spotted these out and about, please drop a comment and let us know where you found them!

8 comments

  1. Ooh that black orchid! I want it so bad! I went looking at CVS today but no luck. :( If any readers are from the Boston area and have seen these new shades, please let me know where!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't help you Megan, I'm wondering the same thing! I'm in the Cleveland Area if any Ohio peeps have seen these!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't help you Megan, I'm wondering the same thing! I'm in the Cleveland Area if any Ohio peeps have seen these!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw them at CVS and didn't buy them. I went back after seeing this post because they're so pretty but they were already gone. Do you think they'll be stocking more?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I found all five today at Walgreens in Tucson. I picked up the ones I've been searching for. Black Orchid and Hibiscus Heartbreak. If I find these anywhere else I'll be grabbing more, they're beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I found the full collection today in a Walgreens in San Antonio today!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looking in St Petersburg, FL too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't find in St. Petersburg, FL either!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig