Colleen Rothschild Skincare Review

colleen rothschild review

You guys know I love drugstore makeup, but when it comes to skincare, I don't mind spending a bit more for high quality formulas that really work and give great results. My philosophy is..."if your skin looks good, your makeup will too", and that holds true, whether you buy drugstore makeup or the fancy stuff from Neiman Marcus. It's taken me a long time and tons of trial and error to figure out what products work for me and I finally have a skincare routine that's been giving me great results.

I'll be doing a separate post on my entire skincare routine, but today I wanted to go a bit more in-depth on two products I discovered more recently by Colleen Rothschild...the Radiant Cleansing Balm ($65) and Sheer Renewal Cream ($55).  Plus, don't miss my 20% off code at the end of this post that you can use at ColleenRothschild.com if you're interested in any of the products.

colleen rothschild review

First, who is Colleen Rothschild? 

I'm a bit of a geek when it comes to beauty products and I always like to know a bit about the person behind the brand, especially when it comes to skincare. I'm more likely to buy a product if I feel that the creator is a true expert in their field, versus a person who just wanted to slap their name on an product without being a part of the actual development. Colleen Rothschild is an industry veteran who has been developing high-quality niche skincare brands for over 20 years, including one of my favorites, C. Booth (her maiden name is Booth). Colleen wanted to develop a line that is "effortless, beautiful, and highly effective" using "time-tested proven ingredients and today's cutting edge technologies" and I think she has definitely done that with the Colleen Rothschild line.

Also I want to mention how much I love the packaging! The frosted jars and brown tubes are simple and minimalist, yet really elegant and luxurious-looking.

Radiant Cleansing Balm: 

I was really excited to try the Radiant Cleansing Balm after seeing a lot of people on YouTube and Instagram raving about it. It contains a beautiful aromatic complex of warm cloves and rosemary plus luxurious oils such as Marula, Moringa, Loofah Seed and Black Seed to give your skin a dose of antioxidants, clear congested pores, and renew the outer layer skin cells. It feels really soft and melts into an oil when it comes in contact with your skin to remove all traces of makeup easily.

Here's how to use it:

Scoop out a little bit of the balm and massage it into dry skin. Wet the muslin cloth (which is included) under hot water and wring it damp. Then, place it over your face for a minute and breathe in the aromatic complex. It's so soothing and feels like a spa treatment! Then, use the cloth to remove the balm and all your makeup comes off with it.
After using this balm, my skin feels super soft, smooth and hydrated. Using the soft muslin cloth helps to remove the balm so there's no oily residue and I don't feel like I have to double cleanse.
colleen rothschild radiant cleansing balm

Sheer Renewal Cream: 

After cleansing, I've been using the Sheer Renewal Cream on top of my other face serums. This is the perfect daytime moisturizer! It hydrates my dry skin, yet it sinks in immediately and has a matte, powder-dry finish that any skin type (especially those of you who are oily) will appreciate. It's perfect for wearing under makeup and keeps my skin from feeling greasy even in warm, sticky weather. It's oil free and provides continuous all day hydration...my skin never feels tight or dry despite this being so lightweight and breathable. It also contains multiple fruit acids, as well as lactic acid to pack a serious exfoliating punch, brightening up dull skin and softening fine lines. I noticed brighter skin the very first time I used it and it just keeps getting better. The scent is a soothing blend of lavender and sandalwood...again very spa-like and inviting.
colleen rothschild sheer renewal cream

Last month, I posted a no-makeup selfie on Instagram and I got a lot of comments and questions about my skin and the products that I use. I had been using these two Colleen Rothschild products for about a week at this point and when I looked in the mirror that day, I realized that my skin looked so good, it was the first time I felt confident enough to post a picture with no makeup. It's not perfect, obviously but it looks better now at 38 years old than it did when I was 30 (I never really took good care of it when I was younger).
Before working these two products into my routine, I felt that my skin looked pretty good, but using these made it even better!
no makeup selfie

Overall, I am loving everything about Colleen Rothschild skincare...from the luxurious packaging and ingredients to the awesome results I've been getting, I couldn't be happier. I can't wait to try more! 


19 comments

  1. You're 38??? I would have guessed 10 years younger than that. You must be doing something right. This is the first time I've heard of this brand but I'm very intrigued. I've been looking into the Sunday Riley Good Genes exfoliating treatment but this sheer renewal creme looks like something similar for half the cost. Have you tried the Sunday Riley version and how do they compare?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you so much Sandy! :) I actually own the Good Genes treatment (I talked about it in my winter skincare routine post a few months ago). I really like it and feel that it exfoliates well but as you mentioned it's very expensive. It also doesn't have a lot of moisture in it and is more like a serum so I was using it under another moisturizer. I think the Colleen Rothschild Sheer Renewal Cream exfoliates just as well for half the cost, plus it doubles as a moisturizer. So once I use up my bottle of Good Genes, I'll likely just stick with this one instead. :)

      Delete
  2. I started using the Sheer Renewal cream after Kathleen Lights talked about it in her skincare routine video last year. I am completely addicted to it and I agree with what you said about the finish. It sets right away with no greasy feeling. The tube lasts forever so its not as expensive as it seems. It's larger than your typical tube of hand cream even. I will have to try the cleansing balm next. Great post and your skin looks phenomenal!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Melissa! :) I didn't realize Kathleen was a fan as well! I must have missed that video...I have to go watch it now!

      Delete
  3. Ooh I need to look into this your skin looks great! I can't wait to hear the rest of your routine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :) I'll be posting my summer routine soon.

      Delete
  4. You are so gorgeous, you look like a kid (in a good way). Whatever you're doing is working, where do I sign up? Lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Marie! You're too kind. :)

      Delete
  5. I need to try both of these! I've been following your blog for a few years and I have to say your skin has never looked better. What serums do you use with these?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lisa, and thanks for following for all that time, that means a lot to me! :) I use Peter Thomas Roth Retinol Fusion PM at night and Garnier's Dark Spot Treatment during the day.

      Delete
  6. I hope I look like you when I'm 38. Did you always have good skin or has it gotten better as you age? I just bought the Sheer Renewal Cream and can't wait to try it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Jessica! :) I've always had dry skin so I didn't really have breakouts when I was in my teens (lucked out with that!) but I sat in the sun a lot when I was younger and by 30 I had quite a bit of sun damage/brown spots on my cheeks and nose. Luckily once I started taking care of my skin, they've faded a lot. Also dry skin wrinkles faster so I'm doing my best to keep them at bay! :)

      Delete
  7. It's a shame the face cream doesn't have SPF. If I'm paying that much for a moisturizer it has to be an all in one type product.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't mind if there's no SPF. I use foundation with SPF everyday and I'm not outside much during the week when I'm at work. It looks/sounds great and I'm going there now to get one. I needed a new moisturizer, perfect timing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also use foundations with SPF most of the time and will add SPF on top of my moisturizer only if I'm going to be outside for longer than 15 minutes or something. :)

      Delete
  9. Aww, thank you so much! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I will definitely check out these two products when my current cleanser and moisturizer run out. Thank you so much for the great review and your skin looks amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. If I'm going to drop $55 on a moisturizer I'd really like the copy to be free of grammatical errors... it doesn't speak well of their attention to detail, frankly, especially since this is supposed to be higher-end.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig