L.A Girl Pro Conceal HD Concealer Review

Recently, one of my readers asked me what I thought of the L.A. Girl Pro Conceal HD Concealer ($5) and I realized that I hadn't reviewed it yet, which is crazy because it's one of my favorite concealers, drugstore or high end.  Let's take a look! 
I've been using Pro Conceal since this past summer and I originally bought it because I had seen tons of YouTube videos and other bloggers saying that this was the best concealer ever.  For me, it truly is...at least for everyday use.  If I'm going out or have a big event to go to, I'll use a full coverage concealer like It Cosmetics Bye Bye Under Eye (or the new Wet N Wild Fergie Come Correct), but this is my daily concealer.  It's medium coverage, totally buildable, and so creamy and smooth.



I'm not a huge fan of the packaging...it comes in a tube with a brush attached, exactly like Rimmel's Match Perfection concealer.  The problem is that you don't have a lot of control over how much product comes out the way you would if it was twist-up, or if there was an applicator wand. Sometimes I squeeze the tube and hardly anything comes out, so I squeeze harder and then too much comes out.
But I do like applying it with the brush and then patting and smoothing it in with my fingers...it's quick and easy in that regard.
It has no scent whatsoever and it feels so creamy, almost like you're applying moisturizer under your eyes.  For this reason, those of you with drier skin or fine lines and wrinkles will adore this formula! I have both of those issues and this is one of very few concealers that doesn't settle into lines and make them look more obvious, or cake up and accentuate dry patches.  The medium coverage is buildable because the formula is so smooth it's really hard to overdo it.
It comes in 18 shades which is crazy for concealers, especially drugstore ones that usually only come in 2-5 shades.  I'm fair so I chose the lightest shade Classic Ivory.  I was shocked when I got it home and it looked orange in the tube! I thought for sure it wasn't going to work, but then I remembered something I learned in my skincare classes when I worked at Sephora...orange cancels blue according to color theory because they're opposites on the color wheel.  This means that salmon, peach, or orange-toned concealers cover dark circles better than yellow-toned concealers.
Sure enough, when I first swatched it on my skin, it did look fairly orange, but once I blended it under my eyes, it disappeared into my skin seamlessly and covered almost every flaw I wanted it to cover.
This concealer is definitely a holy grail product for me.  It offers more coverage than most drugstore concealers, while still feeling lightweight and smooth. The creamy texture isn't drying and makes dry areas and fine lines look better not worse.  If you've been thinking about trying this, I would say go for it! Unfortunately, you can only get it online at the moment, which makes it difficult to find a shade match, but you can try to Google swatches and try to get a better idea of what would work for you.
To order, please visit L.A Girl's website here.

2 comments

  1. Seeing this concealer everywhere makes me want it more but I want to see them in person. I've seen Walgreen's selling these on their site but they don't have the full selection. Naimes has them as well but I haven't seen them in person to confirm :)

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig