Swatches of L'oreal Infallible Pro Glow Foundation


Last night, L'oreal posted swatches of all twelve shades of the new Infallible Pro-Glow Foundation and it's been causing mixed reactions from many people. This foundation hasn't even hit the store shelves yet and it's already sold out on Walmart.com and there's one shade left on Amazon.com...there's such an incredible demand for it!

I wasn't fast enough to get my hands on one at Walmart, but I grabbed one of the last available shades (#204) on Amazon and crossed my fingers that I picked a good one...based on this photo it looks like it'll be close, possibly even match my cooler undertones (at least it's not too yellow)!

All over Instagram, there were a lot of positive comments...everyone who purchased this ended up making a blind buy so it was really nice to see swatches. But there were also a ton of negative comments about the color selection- there aren't many deep shades, and there's not a lot of contrast between the first 8 shades...they all look incredibly similar. On the other end of the spectrum, I did see quite a few comments from very fair skinned people who said they were happy with the colors because it's really hard to find shades that are light enough for them...sometimes the first shade is still too dark or too warm.

So I'd love to hear from you...what do you think of the shade selection? Are you happy with it, or do you feel that they needed a broader shade range?

10 comments

  1. I agree about the shade range. 204, 205, and 207 look identical as do 206 and 208. I'm fair skinned but I could realistically make any of the first 8 shades work just by sheering them out a bit if needed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I haven't even heard of this foundation until now! I'm pretty excited for it now. I haven't purchased the matte version because I'm not a matte foundation kind of girl. This foundation sounds like it's right up my alley! Thanks for sharing the swatches :-)
    JennyLovesBeauty♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the shade range is ridiculous tbh. I'm really happy there's such a good selection of fair shades (I'm extremely pale and very cool toned) but it's complete bs at the lack of shades for poc. Three medium shades and one medium-deep shade? That's awful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. if they could make 8 shades for light skinned folks, they can make 8 more shades for medium&darker skinned folks. it's not that hard.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm just now hearing about this new L'oreal foundation, and am very disappointed in the shade selection as well. As a woman of color, I can't begin to say how frustrating it is that these companies don't seem to have a grasp on creating a diverse range of shades. I mean, don't they want all women to be able to use their products? Truth be told, I was never able to use their True Match foundation because W8 was too "orangey" and W7 was too light. I just wish that women of color had more options...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have the exact opposite problem: too fair to find a foundation. Happy to have found one!

      Delete
  6. When I saw the swatches I was truly pissed because I was excited to get this foundation but there isn't a shade light enough for my incredibly fair skin with yellow undertones. The lightest shade is too dark and why does everyone think that is you are fair you are cool toned? smh. Sorry for the rant, I just don't get it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I initially bought 204 and 205 because it was the closest to matching my skin... the 204 was cool undertone while the 205 had a yellow undertone, not flattering on me whatsoever. Exchanged it for 206, which has a cool undertone. Its definitely on the watery side, but when you put on the foundation, barely feels like anything is there.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi there love the review! What shade do you funk would be a nc25 equivalent in Mac Pro longwear nourishing foundation? Is the 205 very yellow? Please let me know thanks very much!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am in the shade "Light beige" for the Too Faced born this way foundation. Does anyone know what shade I would be in Pro-Glow? I'm really bad at shade matching and since this is drugstore, I can't swatch them. Thanks

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig