Makeup Revolution The One Fluid Blusher Review and Swatches

Makeup Revolution The One Fluid Blusher ($4.74), is a fairly new product that I picked up during my Black Friday haul.  If you are new to my blog, I should tell you that Makeup Revolution is my new budget beauty obsession!  Their products are so affordable, super high quality, and they have tons of dupes which makes it a lot of fun to shop with them.  The only downside is that they're based in the UK, so shipping costs a little more ($12.95), but all of my packages have gotten to me in just over a week and so far I haven't been disappointed in anything I've gotten. 
This blush was so different than I thought it was going to be...in a good way!  I was picturing a thick mousse or gel-cream but it's really thin and light, almost like water. I can honestly say that I've never tried a blush like this before.
First, you have to shake the bottle really well, and you can hear little clinking inside (kind of like nail polish) from the little metal balls that help to mix the product.  Then you're supposed to just put a small drop on your hand, dab it on your cheeks and then blend.  You can build up the color very easily too!

It's an oil-free formula that's supposed to suit every skin type and contains Vitamin E and Jojoba.  It claims to be rub-off proof and water-resistant also!



The bottle reminds me of tiny bottle of craft paint and it has a tapered end that allows you to dispense one drop at a time without making a mess.
I chose the shade Pink Sea, a gorgeous bright pink that blends into a beautiful, realistic rosy flush. This photo shows one drop...I'm not sure if you can tell how watery it is from the photo, but it's so lightweight and silky.
Here I blended it a little bit and the color has already gotten a little bit less intense. It feels so soft and velvety as you blend it into your skin.
Here it is blended out even more.  It dries to a powdery matte finish, almost like you used a powder blush but it's much longer lasting than that.

It just creates the prettiest natural flush and it lasted all day on me.

Overall, I am so happy with The One Fluid Blusher and I really want to buy more shades (it comes in 5 all together- see them here).
To check out my other Makeup Revolution reviews, including dupes for the Urban Decay Naked Palettes and Too Faced Chocolate Bar, click here.
Have you hauled Makeup Revolution lately, or are you planning to?  I'd love to hear about your favorite products or the ones you're planning to buy!

7 comments

  1. Ooooo. I'm not so sure of the "manufactured in Taiwan." Yikes! That's a deal breaker for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. From what I've heard, the standards are better in Taiwan than in China. They have stricter labor and manufacturing laws so I trust it more. It's sad that there are less and less products made in the US.

      Delete
  2. Iv'e been seeing this brand more and more on various blogs and although I have never seen it in any stores I think I may have to try it. I don't mind that it is made in Taiwan, recently Iv'e bee trying some beauty brands from Asia and so far so good. They seem to take skin care very seriously and have gorgeous complexions.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. Korean and Japanese skincare is more highly advanced than products made in the US. I'm still wary of products made in China though because of the working conditions there plus I've heard there can be dangerous chemicals used in products. This brand is actually from the UK so I would trust their standards of who they hire to manufacture their products. I wish they would bring it over to the US!

      Delete
  3. I have bought soooo much of this brand because of your blog. It's fantastic and I love everything I've tried. Plus it's very budget-conscious too. I also wish they would come to the US already but I can deal with ordering for now, shipping doesn't take that long.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, I've been trying to find a picture of someone wearing Pink Sea (not just an arm swatch). Thanks for sharing that. I have Rush Me and I'm madly in love with it. I'm neutral-cool toned, but the coral still looks super natural. It's the most natural looking blush I've ever tried and it lasts forever (my hand swatch lasted all day despite multiple hand washings). I love the color, finish, application, everything. I also love that it's not nearly as glittery as it appears in the bottle (I didn't actually notice any shimmer on my face, which I'm really happy about). I want to talk everyone and their sister into getting Rush Me. It's that good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Melissa! Glad I could help! :) I really want to try Rush Me now, you talked me into it. My next order, I'm getting it!

      Delete

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig