Revlon Photoready Airbrush Effect Foundation Review and Swatches

Revlon Photoready Airbrush Effect Foundation ($10.99 at Target)  is a new release for Spring 2015 and is not to be confused with their Photoready Airbrush Mousse.  This is a new liquid formula that promises complexion perfection.  Let's take a look...
First and foremost, I love that this comes in a pump.  Seriously, all foundations should...it's so much neater and cleaner to use.  Airbrush Effect comes in 9 shades and I chose the third-lightest "Shell" even though I probably should have gone with "Vanilla" which is a shade lighter (but that one looked more yellow and I have pink undertones).

Description:
Look flawless in any light with Revlon PhotoReady Airbrush Effect™ Makeup. The makeup features a light filtering technology that delivers a poreless, airbrushed look. The Soft Focus pigments in the makeup create a flawless and luminous complexion. The Revlon PhotoReady Airbrush Effect™ Makeup protects with SPF 20 and provides Medium to Full Coverage.




When I first swatched this at home I was excited that there was no shimmer in it, because the other Photoready foundations were too glittery for me.  But then I wore it one day and went outside and woah...major shimmer! I mean, I guess that's what helps to diffuse flaws and make you look airbrushed, but that limits me to wearing this only at night which is a shame because I really like the formula.
It gives medium-to-full coverage, medium weight and feels velvety going on. It dried fairly quickly to a soft, satin finish so it wasn't overly matte and it definitely wasn't dewy. It made my skin look smooth and flawless when I applied it with my Real Techniques beauty sponge and definitely softened everything to give that airbrushed look.
Here's a swatch of Shell against my fair skin.  It's not too far off and it blends in pretty seamlessly.
Overall, I love this foundation.  It feels great on my dry skin, has good wear time, and makes me look pretty darn flawless. But the little sparkles make this difficult to wear during the day, especially if I'm going to be outside in the sunlight.
So what do you think, will you be trying this (or have you already)?  I'd love to hear your thoughts!

3 comments

  1. Man, I was so excited when I read that there were no sparkles in this one! Then the letdown... WHY? WITH THE SPARKLES??? Oy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Katia, me too! I read on a few beauty blogs that it didn't have sparkle but they must not have looked at it outside. When you're inside you can't see the sparkle at all, so at first when I tested it on my hand in the store it didn't look like it. What a bummer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok y all the being bummed abt. Sparkles! :-) Sparkles r mysterious n fun in makeup! :-D maybe it's just me. I love 2 have fun w makeup. But aside 4 wearing it s ourselves most guys secretly actually like sparkles. In makeup! Weird I know but true! :-) Either way TY 4. The review. I just picked it up n was curious b4 I wore it out! :-)

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig