NEW! NYX Color Correcting Powders

NYX has just released three Color Correcting powders for Spring 2015.  They're $10 each and come in green, lavender, and yellow.
Description:
Even out your complexion using our ultra-fine, translucent loose Color Correcting Powder. This lightweight, easy to use powder can be applied before or after your foundation. The paraben and talc-free formula helps you achieve a natural matte finish.

• What it is: Ultra-fine, lightweight translucent loose face powder.

• What it does: The green powder helps diffuse redness, the lavender brightens yellow tones, and the yellow brightens while helping diminish redness in more olive tones.

• Why we love it: It can be used before or after foundation for a natural finish that helps keep skin matte.

• How to use: Use with a kabuki brush or a puff and apply evenly onto desired areas.

These sound amazing...I can't wait to try them and see how they work.  I've used color correcting liquid or cream products before, but never powders! 
What do you think?  Will you be trying these?

7 comments

  1. I've tried green products to cover my considerable redness and I ended up looking green. Lol! I love Nyx, so these are definitely worth a try. I'd love to see someone's thoughts on how they work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not a fan of color correcting products and consider them to be gimmicky. I used a green product under a concealer to cover up a huge, red zit and ended up with a green-mixed-with-beige-trying-to-cover-it-up zit. Not pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Same here...I haven't had great luck with color correctors in the past. I'm hoping since these are powders, they'll be more subtle!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a purple elf primer that I use with foundation that's too yellow. It helps make it wearable! I hope this purple works well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Purple to offset yellow foundation is a good idea. I always thought in terms of offsetting skin, but never thought to neutralize the product itself. Chellc, do you mix or layer?

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is such a great idea! I have trouble finding pink-toned foundations. In my skincare training at Sephora, they told us that 80% of people have yellow-based skin, so that's why a lot of foundations are yellow based. I'm going to do this with my yellow foundations...thanks for the tip! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't tried these yet but I usually have good luck with NYX products.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig