Hard Candy Glow All The Way Ombre Baked Blush Review and Swatches

Hard Candy Glow All The Way Ombre Baked Blush ($7) is a new edition to the line for Spring 2015 and I was really excited to get my hands on these ever since I saw a sneak peek on Hard Candy's Instagram page last month. It comes in 2 shades...Punch and Sunburst (which is the one I bought).  Let's take a look!

This blush comes in a round silver and white compact with no mirror and a see-through lid.  The product itself is so pretty, why hide it?  I love that it's on display.




This shade is so gorgeous...it fades from a dark fuchsia pink all the way down to a cream colored shade and has a frosty sheen to it.


Since this is a baked blush, I assumed it would be really pigmented and it is! I picked up quite a bit of color with just one swipe of my finger. I actually had a hard time deciding which direction to swipe...from light to dark or dark to light.  In the end, I started on the cream colored side and went toward the darker side.

When I swatched it, I knew I was going to love this shade...I was worried it would look too disco-ball glittery but it actually gives a frosty effect.  Normally I don't like frosty makeup...at least on my eyes and my lips, but on your cheeks, it can actually look pretty and eliminate the need for highlighter if you blend it up to your cheekbones.

Overall, this blush has everything going for it in the sense that it's pretty to look at and the color and effect this gives is beautiful. My only complaint is that it doesn't seem to be super long-lasting.  It might work best over a cream blush to give it something to adhere to and it would add a glowy, ethereal effect.
Have you seen these blushes at Walmart yet?  Have you tried them?

3 comments

  1. I have not tried Hard Candy blushes yet. How would they compare to We'n'Wild ones?

    Thanks,
    Beautyandfitnessguru.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. so pretty, too bad I have no walmart around me, need to get it off their website :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always have to check their isle for any new fun things when I stroll through Wal-Mart... So I got this two days ago and tried it out this morning. I dappled a cream blush under my foundation for that "lit from within" look, then applied this over my foundation. Needless to say, they never disappoint! Here I am at 3am bragging on a beauty blog about it haha everyone needs some in my opinion!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig