Beauty Bargain: Essence Lip Liners Review and Swatches

I rarely get to go to Ulta since the closest store is a 45 minute drive for me, but the other day I decided to make the trip. I needed some lip liners and spotted these Essence ones for only $1.49, so I picked up a few. I admit I wasn't expecting too much from such an inexpensive lip liner, but these are actually quite awesome...take a look!
essence lip liner swatches
These liners are the wooden pencil kind that have to be sharpened. I usually stay away from this type because they're usually dry and tug on my lips when I go to apply them. But these are surprisingly creamy and soft! I lined and filled in my lips and just wore these as lipstick with a dab of lip balm on top. If your lips aren't super dry like mine, you may not even need the lip balm.
The colors I got are Cute Pink and Satin Mauve. I like them both but Satin Mauve is my favorite. Lately I've been really drawn to mauve-y type shades...I find that they're still natural looking but don't wash me out like nudes do.
Cute Pink, Satin Mauve
Here they are on my lips.  They have great wear time since they're liners, but I did have to reapply my lip balm once during the day.
essence lip liner satin mauve

essence lip liner cute pink

Overall, these are a great budget find!  I really want to pick up some more shades now...but I'll have to wait until my next Ulta trip (or online haul).

You can purchase these for $1.49 at Ulta.com

You May Also Like: 


2 comments

  1. I absolutely adore satin mauve. It looks just gorgeous on you. Will have to check it out next time I'm at Ulta.

    ReplyDelete
  2. those look so nice! i love a good lipstick/liner that glides on easily. i have this one lipstick that's the perfect shade of red but it's so sticky i literally cannot slide it across my lips! i'll have to look for these ones!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig