Covergirl The Super Sizer Mascara Spotted at Harmons

Covergirl The Super Sizer Mascara  ($5.49 at Harmons) is a brand new release that I spotted this morning on my usual trip to Harmon Discount. Harmon also has a store inside select Bed, Bath and Beyonds and Christmas Tree Shops but I didn't see this mascara in either of those yet...only my freestanding Harmons had it. 
Covergirl the super sizer mascara
It was on a small display attached to the Covergirl section, so it wasn't in the new products section...I almost missed it!


Covergirl the super sizer mascara
This promises 400% corner-to-corner volume for full, fanned out lashes.
Covergirl the super sizer mascara
The packaging shows an inverted wand that's narrow at the bottom and wider at the top with tiny little spikes mixed with longer bristles. The directions on the package say to twirl it toward you as you apply rather than the traditional wiggle back-and-forth method. 
Covergirl the super sizer mascara
A quick Google search brought up some information about this mascara on Allure.com where Covergirl's principal scientist explains what makes The Super Sizer special: 

"First, there's the wand: Sandwiched in between the longer bristles are rows of the tiniest little baby bristles you've ever seen. And these tiny bristles get loaded up with tons of mascara—so much so that "mascara hits your lashes before the bristles do," Vickery explained. "That initial drenching of the lashes is unusual, and what it does is deposit a ton of mascara right at the lash line, giving you that intensity that makes your lashes look thicker." The longer bristles comb the pigment evenly through to the tips, especially if you roll the wand toward you (this is key). The other interesting thing about the Super Sizer wand is that the longer bristles are spaced far apart—26 percent farther apart than on most mascara wands, to be exact—so that lashes are coated with mascara in groups. "By coating the lashes in uniform groups, you end up with more of a dramatic look," says Vickery. I can attest. My lashes nearly touched my brow bone. And finally, the formula: "It's a dual-polymer system balanced with the perfect mix of clays and waxes," says Vickery. That basically means the formula is both flexible (so you have some play time when applying it) and long-lasting (so you won't get to work looking like you never went home the night before)." 
Covergirl the super sizer mascara

It sounds great in theory, but the thought of bristles that are spaced far apart that get loaded with product makes me think my lashes are going to be a clumpy, gloppy mess. But I can't wait to try it and see!

5 comments

  1. I am also curious about this. Between all the mascara the wand picks up, and the very different way you apply it, I can't wait for your review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like a great mascara! I have to pick it up when I spot it some where.. $5.49 is not a bad price at all..

    Annie | www.drugstoredreamer.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. do u like this one better than the fiber one?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jillie, I think I like the fiber one a little bit better! :)

      Delete

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig