City Color Intense Blush Quad Review and Swatches

City Color Intense Blush Quad is one of my latest Five Below finds...the bright colors caught my eye and it was only $4, so I couldn't resist.  If you don't live near a Five Below, you can purchase it from Citycolorcosmetics.com (but it's $7.99 on their website). Let's take a closer look...
city color intense blush quad review swatches

I purchased Palette #1, which contains four bright pink shades. From left to right, there's a fuchsia, bright barbie pink, dusty rose, and baby pink.
There are three other palettes in this collection...one with orange/coral shades, one with more subtle dusty pinks, and one with bronzy shades.  All four shades in this palette are matte, which is so great! 

city color cosmetics intense blush quad review swatches
This palette does have a mirror, but it's a skinny one across the top of the lid...not super useful.  Also, the brushes they included are tiny, and I can't see ever using them for blush! But I will say, I do love the compact itself...it looks great with the see-through squares on the lid and it's hefty and substantial...not cheap-feeling.
city color intense blush quad review swatches
Okay, so check out these swatches!! I first swatched them the other day and they were really, really pigmented but not like this. I found that I had to break through the top layer first...the magic is underneath. These are soft, creamy and smooth with very little fallout.
I swirled my finger around in each color a few times before swiping to get the color you see here. When you use them with a brush, they're obviously much less intense and more wearable. I haven't been brave enough to try the hot pink fuchsia shade but the others are absolutely gorgeous on my light skintone. They also last a good 8 hours on my dry skin, which is great for a powder blush.
city color cosmetics intense blush quad review swatches

Overall, this is an amazing bargain find and I really want to try more products from City Color Cosmetics now! If you've tried any other products from City Color, what would you recommend? Do you have any favorites? Please let me know in the comments below!
To purchase this palette, please visit your local Five Below or go to Citycolorcosmetics.com

3 comments

  1. wow! This looks super pigmented! I just picked up three lip balms from City Colors at Rite Aid..havent tried them yet but they look great.

    Annie | www.drugstoredreamer.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice! I've never tried this brand. I'll have check them out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, very nice, especially for $4! (Katherine T.)

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig