Makeup Revolution Naked Chocolate Palette Review and Swatches

Makeup Revolution has done it again with another Chocolate Palette!  I was in love with the original two they released a few months ago (one of which was a Too Faced Chocolate Bar dupe) see my reviews HERE and HERE. Those were amazing...great pigment and soft, buttery shades, and while they contained some neutral shades, they also had some brighter colors in the mix.  Well this new version is called Naked Chocolate ($12.62) and it's all neutrals!  Let's take a look...
Instead of the brown chocolate bar-style palette that looked good enough to eat, this one is yellow...a bit of an odd color choice.  I probably would have made it a cream color so that it looked more like white chocolate...but that's just me.

Like the other chocolate palettes, this has the 3D half-melted design on the lid, a full mirror inside the top lid, and 16 shadows inside with the names printed on a clear plastic sheet.  It also comes with a double-ended sponge-tipped applicator.
Taking a look at these shadows, they're all beautiful earth-toned nudes- 5 mattes and 11 shimmers. There's enough variety here to create any look from subtle to smoky. There are three highlight shades- one matte, two shimmer and all three are very different tones when swatched (I find that in many palettes, they're too similar to each other). There are beautiful bronze and rose gold shades, rosy taupes, and several brown shades from subtle to dark.

As always, the quality is fantastic.  All of the shades are soft, smooth, and buttery with excellent pigmentation, especially the shimmery shades.  The mattes were a little more powdery, which is typical in a lot of palettes, but they were still easy to work with and had good pigmentation. I didn't really experience much, if any, fallout during application.

Smoothly, Divine, Mocha Lover, Dipped, Choc-Fest


Adorable, Buttons, Frosted Choc, Delight, Sweet Shop, Sugar


Double Dip, Tob-le-rone, White, Milky, Way
Overall, this is another winning palette from Makeup Revolution and is probably my favorite in the Chocolate line!  Have you tried any of Makeup Revolution's palettes or other products yet?
To order, please visit Makeup Revolution's website (US customers, be sure to change the currency on the left of the website to US dollars).
Check out all of my other Makeup Revolution Reviews here.

7 comments

  1. Ooooh I have been obsessed with the Too Faced dupe, and I want this new one as well. The color "Milky" looks to be my perfect crease shade. I'm obsessing over these types of purpley grey medium mattes for the crease.

    Loevens makeup rambles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Milky is an awesome crease shade! It's what I used first when I tried this palette...it's so pretty!

      Delete
  2. looks interesting put packaging looking horrible. Might just be me but I have a pet peeve with brands like this. It is great (maybe) that a more affordable line "tries" to dupe shades of higher end lines but don't copy the marketing scheme of another. Instead of similar packaging come up with something that is original. I have more respect for a line that makes something there own rather than coping another line. You don't see this to often. As soon as something "new" hits the self everyone comes out with a version both cheap and high end. what happened to originality??? I personally have never purchased anything from this line and have not seen it anywhere....online only?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, in the US it's online only but I believe its in drugstores in the UK where it's from.

      Delete
  3. Really nice. I love the packaging. I have a few eye palettes and lipsticks from Makeup Revolution, and I've been really impressed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. And it's sold out! Dang it! So is the I Love Chocolate one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i think it is dupe for lorac unzip palette

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig