Makeup Revolution Ultra Sculpt & Contour Kit Review and Swatches

The first time I saw Makeup Revolution's Ultra Sculpt and Contour Kits, I immediately thought they looked like dupes of Urban Decay's Naked Flushed palettes ($32).  I wanted to pick one up to compare them, so I did that a little further down in this post. I chose the shade Ultra Fair ($5.53), mainly because it looked like it could work for cooler, lighter skintones like mine. I always have to be careful with bronzers especially, because they can be too warm and orange for my skintone.  So I try to look for ones that are lighter and cooler.
This kit is really portable and contains everything you need to contour, highlight plus it has a blush to finish off your look!
This kit has a small mirror at the top of the inside lid but it's not really that functional...the rest of the lid is see-through. Packaging-wise, Makeup Revolution never really feels cheap and their palettes all close tightly with a nice click.  I don't have to worry about any of them opening up in my bag, which is great!



These shades ended up being perfect for me...the bronzer is a nice light matte shade, the highlighter is beautiful and glowy, and the blush is like a dupe for Nars Orgasm- it's the perfect shimmery peachy-pink shade!
These are super soft and blendable with nice pigmentation, and I found them to be easy to work with.
I compared it to my Urban Decay Naked Flushed Palette in Naked, which was the closest match color-wise. The Urban Decay version has the same three elements in it, but one difference is that the shades are different sizes depending on how much you would use each one.  Most people would use the bronzer the most, so it's the largest size, then the blush, and the highlighter is the smallest because you would mainly just use it on small areas.
Another difference I noticed was that the Urban Decay blush is matte (and slightly darker and more pink), while the Makeup Revolution blush has some golden shimmer and a little more peach in it.

Here, I compared the shades directly...
Urban Decay Bronzer, Makeup Revolution Bronzer

Urban Decay Highlighter, Makeup Revolution Highlighter

Urban Decay Blush, Makeup Revolution Blush
Overall, I would say that this is an excellent dupe of Urban Decay's Naked Flushed palette at only $5.53 (not to mention the blush is a dupe for Orgasm!). The bronzers and highlighters are extremely close to each other and although the blushes are different, I almost prefer the Makeup Revolution shade on me (though the Urban Decay shade is lovely as well).
There are also a ton of shades to choose from on the Makeup Revolution website (this link will take you to the other shades).
What do you think?  Would you try this one out or splurge on the Urban Decay version?

2 comments

  1. I have recently reviewed this myself. I really like this palette, although I think I would have preferred a matte blush. As I think using both the blush and highlight at the same time is overkill for my oily complexion But I'm really loving the bronzer and that highligt is sooo smooth and pigmented. Definately a great kit.

    Loevens makeup rambles

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! This is so cool. I've been looking at reviews for the urban decay one. But now I don't have to but that one anymore! check out my blog too luvingjoy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig