Jordana Modern Matte Lipstick Review and Swatches

Jordana Modern Matte Lipstick ($2.49, Walgreens) is a new line from Milani's super affordable sister company, and it's supposed to be a matte lipstick that's actually comfortable to wear.  Let's take a look!
Modern Matte comes in 12 shades, and I purchased 8 of them, since some were already sold out from the display. They're packaged in clear tubes so you can see the shades and I absolutely love that they twist all the way down so that you don't chip them when you're trying to put the cap back on (I didn't do this for the photos, but rest assured, they do twist all the way down).



Description:

"Kiss Your Dry Matte Lipstick Goodbye…Say Hello to the Modern Matte
·Modern Matte Lipsticks are a Winning Combination of High Payoff Pigments and Special Ingredients that Comfortably Extend the Wear
·Expertly Selected Shades Have an All-Day Wear Without the Typical ‘Dry Lip’ Finish that Feathers and Cracks
·Talc and Paraben-Free
·Made In USA"

The shades are gorgeous and I love almost all the shades I purchased.  Out of the 12 shades, they seemed to have 2 in each color family...nudes, browns, berries, pinks, purples, and reds. They are super pigmented...wait until you see these swatches! They go on creamy and opaque, and I'm so impressed that they're only $2.49.
From Left: Blush, Bare, Tease, Classy, Pretty, Adorable, Popular, It Girl
jordana modern matte lipstick swatches
From Left: Blush, Bare, Tease, Classy, Pretty, Adorable, Popular, It Girl

I have really severely dry lips in the winter, so I normally can't wear matte lip products in the colder months.  But these actually felt really creamy and comfortable all day! The first time I used them, they felt too dry, like I was tugging on my lips just to apply them.  But there seems to be a bit of a film on top that goes away after the first use, because they got very creamy and easy to work with. So don't give up on them right away!
They're not kiss proof, but they last such a long time. They stained my lips so that even when the lipstick was gone, my lips held on to the color.  Yesterday, I was wearing Popular all day and when I was getting ready for bed, my lips were still bright pink.  Then when I woke up this morning, they were still pink! This didn't happen as much with the lighter shades, but the darker ones really have some major staying power.
I also found that I could reapply these throughout the day and they didn't ball up or get cakey.  My only *tiny* complaint is that these smell a little like Playdough, which is kind of a strange scent to have on your lips, but it's not that strong and I couldn't smell it after a while.

Here are the swatches on my lips...keep in mind that my lips are super dry and lined pretty much all winter, so it's not the lipstick that's making them look lined-they're about the same as when I'm wearing nothing. So it doesn't help to smooth out lines like a gloss or a balm would, but the good news is, it didn't make them worse, plus this lipstick didn't cling to any flakes...it actually made those areas disappear!
Top Row: Blush, Bare
Bottom Row: Tease, Classy

Top Row: Pretty, Adorable
Bottom Row: Popular, It Girl
I think my favorite shades are Tease and Classy (which are beautiful rosy nudes), and I also love Popular and It Girl ( which are bold pink/purples).

Overall, I'm just so impressed by these!  The pigment is amazing, they feel so creamy on the lips and they last a long time.  Plus, I love the demi-matte finish...it's not a dry, dull matte, it still has some depth to it.  It's hard to believe these were so inexpensive, but then again, I'm not surprised since Jordana makes one of my favorite mascaras (Best Lash Extreme) for $1.99!

Have you tried the Modern Matte Lipstick yet?  If not, I definitely recommend picking up a few shades!

You can purchase these at Walgreens, Kmart, or Jordanacosmetics.com.

6 comments

  1. I like Bare, Tease and Classy !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, the swatches look great! Thanks for the review. And the price can't be beat

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Me too! They're really natural and pretty!

      Delete
  4. I have another item to add to my Walgreen list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I know what you mean! I have a Neverending Walgreens list, lol.

      Delete

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig