Colourpop Super Shock Cheek Review and Swatches- Between the Sheets

If you follow a lot of beauty blogs or are on Instagram, you've likely heard about (or already tried) Colourpop, a newer makeup line based in Los Angeles.  Their Super Shock eyeshadows and Lippie Stix and Pencils have been getting rave reviews from just about everyone so I finally decided to place my first order when they released their new Super Shock Cheek ($8). 
I've been testing the Colourpop products I purchased recently, I just can't say enough good things about everything I've tried so far.  For starters, they're inexpensive - all products are $5 except for the Super Shock Cheeks which are $8 (they're double the amount of the eyeshadows), yet the quality is amazing. They've really proven that high end-quality makeup doesn't have to cost a lot. The color range is also fantastic, and I had such a hard time choosing what to buy because I wanted them all! I also love that they're made in the USA and the majority of their products are vegan. 

I only purchased one shade of the Super Shock Cheek to start, but I'm definitely going back for more! I chose the shade Between the Sheets, which is described as a mid-tone beige pink in a matte finish. Colourpop offers swatches of each shade on their website to make choosing easier, and it's always swatched on three different skintones and next to a few other colors for comparison. 

The packaging is really simple and pretty...I love that they have a see-though lid for easy identification. The first time I opened the jar, I had a hard time unscrewing the lid- it was on there really tight! But after the first time, it was easier to open.



This is a cream-to-powder formula so there's instructions on the box to make sure you keep the jar closed tightly so they don't dry out.
Here are the ingredients:

The formula is super hard to describe. It has a springy, almost playdough-like feel to it, so it's not as wet as a typical cream blush would be...it's more firm.  Yet it feels so soft and velvety, and you're able to pick up a lot of product on your finger in one swipe. Colourpop recommends applying these with your fingers for the highest amount of coverage, but you can also use a flat synthetic cheek/foundation brush for good coverage, or a short duo fiber brush for a more sheer, airbrushed look.
Here's the shade Between the Sheets up close...I absolutely love it for my fair skin, it's the perfect flush of color!
Here's a swatch at full strength and then blended.  This shade is meant to be very soft and light...that's why I chose it.  But if you're looking for a brighter, bolder shade, they have so many to choose from!

One thing it doesn't mention on their website that I have to bring up is the fact that these are super long wearing! I always have problems with blushes disappearing from my face in a few hours, even so-called long wearing formulas. This was literally still on my face at night when I went to take my makeup off and it looked just as good as when I applied it!  When I put the above swatches on my arm, I wasn't able to wash them off completely with warm water and dish soap...I had to go upstairs and get my makeup remover! So if you've been looking for a blush that won't budge all day, this is IT!
Overall, I'm obsessed with this blush and can't wait to try it in more shades.  They have some really pretty brights that I think would be beautiful for summer.
Have you tried Colourpop yet? If so, what are your favorite products/shades?
To purchase, please visit Colourpop.com

12 comments

  1. My tax refund came back today! Cha-ching!!! I have been eyeing 6 shades so I can order some now! I am going to order Pre-Nup, Holiday, Early Bird, Cheerio, Fox, and Aphrodisiac. I have 7 of the super shock shadows and I am OBSESSED!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! Love those tax refunds! Next I want Prenup and Holiday the most and am trying to decide on others. I'm going to check our your other picks now to see if it'll help me decide. I really just want them all!

      Delete
  2. I found your blog thru Instagram and I'm so impressed and wonder how I never discovered it before! I love everything you post about. You really don't waste our time wit boring products. I've already purchased several things you've recommended and loved them all. So I wanted to thank you and at the same time tell you to stop because you're making me go broke (No just kidding I'm a glutton for punishment). ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Hilary! That really means a lot to me! I'm really glad you're enjoying the blog. :)

      Delete
  3. I've eyeing ColourPop for a while. I feel I won't be able to resist any longer. The swatches look beautiful!

    Masha,
    MashaRussia.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Masha! You won't regret it...they are so wonderful! I can't wait to order more.

      Delete
  4. You have introduced me to so many new brands! Skinfood, Makeup Revolution and now Colourpop. This is one of the many reasons I read your blog. I get tired of the Revlon, Loreal, Maybelline scene so it's refreshing to have other brands to check out. Thanks girlie! You rock the blogosphere.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, thank you so much! Those are some of my favorite brands too. I'm the same way...I'm always looking for new and different brands to try so when I find good ones, I make sure to pass it on to you guys.

      Delete
  5. Such a gorgeous color. I need to pick this up!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Olivia! It's such a perfect everyday shade...I've been wearing it every day since I got it. :)

      Delete
  6. A big fat thank you from me too. I love your frequency of posting, choices & variety in makeup & detailed reviews. You rock. Looking forward to your Colourpop adventure ;)

    Dee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Dee! It's comments like these that make all the hard work and hours put in worth it! :)

      Delete

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig