Rimmel Lasting Finish 25 Hour Foundation With Comfort Serum Review

Last month, I spotted the new Rimmel Lasting Finish 25 Hour Foundation with Comfort Serum at CVS ($8.99). This is a new formula and packaging of their original Lasting Finish foundation that used to come in a black tube. Let's take a look!
This foundation claims to be a full coverage foundation enriched with a comfort serum. It's supposed to be sweat, heat, humidity, and transfer proof for up to 25 hours. Well I never wear any makeup for 25 hours so it's hard to test that claim. But I definitely tested this from morning until night and I'll talk about my experience a little further down.


It comes in a glass bottle, which looks higher-end than the squeeze tube it previously came in, but it doesn't have a pump so it's not as functional. I really don't like when foundations come in an open-neck bottle like this...it's a lot messier and I feel like I always waste product. In the UK, they actually put a pump on this bottle so I'm really confused as to why they left it off for the US version!
This foundation feels lightweight and blends very easily. It feels moisturizing going on, but it clung to my dry patches pretty badly, no matter how well I hydrated and prepped my skin first. I would say it's close to full coverage. It goes on medium to full...it won't cover tattoos or moles but it will cover redness and dark circles pretty well. I didn't try to build it all the way to full because it was accentuating my flaky areas and I didn't want to make it worse, but it feels so lightweight and smooth, I think it can be built up easily without feeling caked on.
I chose the lightest shade, 091 Light Ivory (there are 7 shades in all...see them here).
This foundation lasted all day on me, from the time I put it on until I went to bed, about 10-11 hours. It was really impressive! Unfortunately, like most long-wearing products, it left my skin looking dry, although the comfort serum did help it feel a little more comfortable than most. Hopefully in the Spring when my skin returns to a more normal type, this will be a great long-wear, full coverage option!

Have you tried this yet? I'd love to hear from people who have normal, combo or oily skin to see if it wore differently than on me.

2 comments

  1. I have to try this foundation i have pretty bad skin, and scars...horrible :(, however i cant find it. Please someone tell me Where can i buy it in Orlando? Thank you for the review!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig