Rimmel Provacalips 16 Hour Kiss Proof Lip Colour Review and Swatches

Rimmel Provacalips 16 Hour Kiss Proof Lip Colour ($8.49 CVS) is a brand new Spring 2015 launch and there's a lot of buzz about these because they're supposed to be non-drying.  I usually stay away from wearing long-wear lip color because I have dry lips to begin with and they tend to make it much worse. But I've been waiting for someone to make a formula that isn't drying so I was compelled to give these a try.
I purchased two shades, 120 Pucker Up (a pinky nude) and 200 I'll Call You (a rosy pink).

Provacalips are your typical double-ended long-wear lip product...color on one end, clear balm on the other.  This one actually has a balm with an applicator rather than a balm stick, which is what I see more often than not.




The formula is very thin and lightweight, and it feels really comfortable as you're putting it on.  It feels like you're applying a lip gloss at first- it has a lot of slip and feels moisturizing.  According to the instructions, you have to let it set for a couple of minutes, keeping your lips apart (if you touch your lips together before it's dry, it feels very sticky). Once dry, my lips felt smooth and I was able to apply the balm.  It feels like a thick, waxy lip balm and added a coat of glossy shine and even more hydration.

The color is very pigmented and I only needed one coat to fully saturate my lips with color.  I was really impressed by how easily it went on!  The lighter shade, Pucker Up had a little shimmer in it and is a my-lips-but-better shade. I'll call you actually ended up being darker than it looked based on the tube, but it's not totally unwearable for me.
Pucker Up, I'll Call You

I'll Call You

Pucker Up
Overall, the staying power on these was absolutely incredible!  It lasted until the following day- it wouldn't even come off at night with my regular cleanser.  I realized then that I would need an oil-based makeup remover (or baby oil) to get it off my lips.  About 5-6 hours after the first application, my lips did start to feel a little bit dry, but not much more than usual.  Also, that sticky feeling came back when I pressed my lips together and I could definitely feel the product on my lips as I went about my day. But it wasn't anything I couldn't live with and if I reapplied the balm the stickiness and dryness went away.  I only had to do that once in a 16 hour period, so that was pretty good!  With other more drying formulas, I was having to reapply the balm every hour to keep my lips from drying out so this formula is really amazing.
I would definitely recommend this if you're looking for a long-wearing lip product.  If you don't have dry lips I think it'll probably feel comfortable on you all day, but even if you do, this may be the first long-wear you'll actually be able to use!
What do you think...have you tried these yet?  Or if not, do you want to?

3 comments

  1. I have 230 kiss fatal and it sucks. Maybe because it's a darker shade. It's pretty sheer and always flakes up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, wow, I need to check these out! I'm always looking around for long-lasting lipstick that doesn't dry up my lips.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look great! Loved both the shades. :)

    Hina xx
    http://makeupbyhina.com

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig