Drugstore Lip Palettes for Summer 2016 | Sneak Peek


Exciting news if you liked those little L'oreal La Palette Lip sets that arrived in drugstores back in January...there's a brand new version heading our way in a few weeks! It's going to be around $17 (ouch!) and contain 8 shades in cream and matte finishes including a highlighter.

I love the gold packaging on this and it's great that it has 8 shades (the previous ones only had 5 and were $12) but I don't know if I can wrap my head around the price. I guess you're getting 7 lipstick shades plus a highlighter but I'm not sure yet how large this palette will be (or each individual pan!) so I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Also hitting drugstores for Summer 2016 is the new Maybelline Lip Color Palette ($14). This one also contains 8 shades and the deeper, darker mauves and berries look a bit more fall-like than the L'oreal version. It also seems a bit expensive for a drugstore lip palette, am I crazy? I guess the prices just keep going up!

What are your thoughts? Are you excited about these palettes?

Look for them to hit stores in July (or likely before at stores like Bed, Bath & Beyond).

4 comments

  1. These look so nice!! I wonder what the texture and consistency will be like! I love that the drugstore is coming out with so many great products lately!


    JennyLovesBeauty♥


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never been a fan of lip palettes due to them being more time consuming to apply, bulky, etc. But a lot of readers have told me that the ones that came out around the holidays were fabulous and that they loved how creamy and pigmented they were. And these were people who said they also disliked lip palettes as a rule, so I'm really curious now! :)

      Delete
  2. I don't care for lip palettes so this is a skip for me. Price-wise, I guess you are getting multiple lipsticks so it might be more economical.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree, drugstore prices certainly are rising! Ugh. At least you can still get sales. I try and wait for sales. I don't buy much L'oreal these days because of the high prices! But I do really like these palettes!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig