Wet n Wild Summer 2016 Has Landed

wet n wild summer 2016

Hey everyone! How was your weekend? Ours was good...we took our 2 year old son Henry to a local farm to see the animals and he got to pet a lamb (which he talked about for the rest of the day!). Then we went out to dinner with my family on Saturday night. On Sunday, we saw my husband's family and spent some time outside shopping and enjoying the beautiful weather. It's finally Spring in the northeast!

It especially felt like Spring when I walked into Walgreens Sunday morning to pick up some milk and spotted the new Wet n Wild Summer 2016 collection! I thought it wasn't coming out until May but this past week, a lot of my followers on Instagram started tagging me in their photos of the display (thank you all, by the way!), so I had a feeling I would see it this weekend.

Thankfully the display was mostly full when I got there...a few people have told me that the highlighters were already gone by the time they got to their local Walgreens. My store only had 3 left and the display only holds 6 of them. Not to mention, this is a limited edition collection, once they're gone, they might not be coming back!

First up, let's talk about the Megaglo Highlighting Powders ($3.99). There are two shades...Crown of my Canopy and Precious Petals. In person, they have a gorgeous pearly finish and I can't wait to swatch them!
wet n wild highlighting powder

Next are the Megaglo All-in-One Multi-Sticks ($3.99). These are cream sticks that can be used on eyes, face and body. All three are shimmery and there's a champagne shade, a peachy shade, and a pink shade.
wet n wild multi-sticks

There are also some new Metallic Liquid Lipsticks ($3.99) that come in six shades. I purchased one shade to try and so far, it feels comfortable to wear...it actually feels more like a gloss than a liquid lipstick but it's more pigmented than a gloss, so it's sort of a cross between the two. It gives lots of shine and a somewhat frosty, metallic finish.
wet n wild metallic lipstick
Finally, there are four new Megalast nail polish shades ($1.99). These are 3-free formulas with 5 day chip-resistant wear.
wet n wild nail polish

I will definitely be posting swatches of the items I bought later today or tomorrow, so stay tuned for those! :)

4 comments

  1. I wonder how the WnW cream stick highlighters compare to the stick highlighters from the Dare to Dream Disney Collection (Mulan, Pocahontas, etc) they had at Walgreens. Weren't they also made by Markwins?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The lightest highlighter stick seems to be the exact same as one of the highlighters in that collection! I thought of it as soon as I saw these new ones (I forget the shade names).

      Delete
    2. I just swatched them side by side (I'll include the pic when I post my review). It's very very close to that lightest one...the WnW one is just slightly pinker.

      Delete
  2. I want to get my hands on the powdered highlighters!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig