My Mission: Get Organized! MelodySusie Large Capacity Cosmetic Organizer Review

I am so disorganized when it comes to my makeup. I have stuff scattered everywhere...some in the master bathroom, a few things in the guest bathroom where I can do makeup and still keep an eye on my son, a bunch more in the guest bedroom waiting to be reviewed, and some in my bag just in case I need to touch up while I'm out. So yeah...it's been a little bit of a sore spot with the hubs...he's been asking me to get it organized for a while now (like, what if we want to have guests over?!). So when I was approached by a representative from MelodySusie to review their Large Capacity Cosmetic Organizer ($49), I jumped at the chance. Time to get organized! 

This is a crystal clear acrylic organizer that holds a TON of products. Granted, my beauty blogger stash is bigger than what I can fit in here, but I decided I'm going to use this for the products I use most often. Then I'll put the rest into organized bins until I can get a storage desk with drawers to keep everything in one place (but that's a project for another day). 

This organizer comes with a removeable top section and four drawers...two on top, one large open drawer in the middle, and another large drawer on the bottom with a removeable insert. 

What really impressed me about this is the thickness of the acrylic...it's actually quite heavy and very sturdy, not like the typical lightweight ones you find out in the stores. It also comes with removeable mesh drawer liners which gives your makeup a little bit of cushion and keeps things from sliding around. 

Here, I'll show you an example of what this baby can hold, but you don't have to put things the same way I have...this organizer is really versatile and there are many different ways you can choose to use it. You can even fill it with jewelry or anything else you want.
makeup organization tips
Melody Susie Large Capacity Cosmetic Organzier

I decided to put taller items like foundation bottles, brushes, primers, and nail polishes in the top removeable section. I was able to fit five foundations, five primers, eight brushes, and four nail polishes on one side.
makeup organizer

On the other side of the top section, I fit 8 lipsticks/glosses, six blushes and four highlighters.
makeup organization

The first row of drawers has two side-by-side. I put some concealers in one drawer and lipsticks in the other.
cosmetic organizer

melodysusie organizer review

makeup organizer

The second drawer is an open space with no dividers, so I decided to use it for larger items like blushes.
makeup organization tips

I was able to fit seven blushes in this drawer, plus my Mary-Lou Manizer highlighter and the Naked Flushed palette.
organize makeup

The bottom drawer can be used one of two ways...here, I'm showing it with the insert. It has lots of smaller dividers, so I used it to hold single eyeshadows.
melodysusie cosmetic organizer
I was able to fit 22 eyeshadows in here! Depending on the type of packaging, you may be able to fit more or less. The Colourpop shadows and Maybelline Color Tattoos have chunky packaging so I couldn't fit as many of those in here. 


Here's an example of what you can put in the bottom drawer without the dividers...I have four eyeshadow palettes in here, and there's room for even more if you stack them. 

In total, I was able to fit approximately 85 pieces of makeup in this one organizer...incredible right? Depending on where you decide to put different items, you can really maximize the space. I'm going to switch this up a little bit so that I can fit some of my eyeliner pencils and mascaras in here as well. Again, this was just an example of what you can fit in this organizer. 

How do you stay organized? Any tips you'd like to share? 


**Disclosure- The product featured in this review was provided to me by a company or PR firm and all opinions are my own. I was not paid to write this review.**

13 comments

  1. Nice stash! : ) I can tell what most of it is, but I was wondering what the pink and highlighter sticks are behind the Studio Glaze sticks. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jane! Thanks! :) The blush and highlighter sticks are from Flower Beauty (Drew Barrymore's line from Walmart). The blush is a lip and Cheek stick called Kiss Me Twice and the highlighters are called Glisten Up Highlighter Chubby). :)

      Delete
  2. Wow, what a great stash! And 85 pieces of makeup in there! That's pretty impressive (Katherine T.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Katherine! Yes I was super impressed once I got it all in there because just looking at it, you wouldn't think it was that big!

      Delete
  3. I'm so jealous of your stash, you have some amazing products in there! I'm also impressed with the organizer and how much it holds, wow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks! :) I was really impressed with it too.

      Delete
  4. The storage seems cool! Crystal clear. And I think 85 makeup inside is amazing..it is bigger than it looks like

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! I thought the same thing. I'm probably going to get another one! :)

      Delete
  5. I have been considering getting something like this organizer for items relating to my nail polishing obsession. I like this one, especially with the mesh mats!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would work great for that! I love the mats too...I haven't seen ones like that out in the stores. :)

      Delete
  6. MAD LOVE for this organizer!! Thanks! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Miki! I'm really loving it too! :)

      Delete
  7. Great review! I need one of these.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig