Skinfood Black Sugar Mask Review

If you've been reading my blog for a while, you may know that Skinfood is one of my favorite Korean beauty brands...they're inexpensive but contain such fantastic natural ingredients and everything I've tried so far has lived up to it's claims.  A few months ago, I saw that Memebox was offering a Skinfood box and of course, I just had to buy it!  I started using most of the products right away but I left the Black Sugar Mask in the box, because since I've been using a Clarisonic to cleanse my face, I haven't had much need for scrubs.  I guess I figured that I was getting all the exfoliation I needed...I was so wrong! 
This product is called a mask but it's really a scrub that you can leave on as a mask if you want to. It seems like it could be a dupe for Fresh's Brown Sugar Face Polish ($62), although I haven't tried that one so I can't really compare the two.  It contains Brazilian black sugar, Macadamia Seed Oil, Shea Butter, and Meadowfoam Seed Oil which are all very hydrating for the skin.  It has a lemon sugar scent that's so delicious too!


My biggest pet peeve with scrubs is that they often crumble all over the place when you're trying to spread them on your skin and you lose half of it down the drain.  Not this one...it's just the right slushiness yet stays together almost like a paste so you can apply it to your face without losing a drop. The sugar grains are large and don't dissolve right away like some sugar scrubs I've tried.  They actually stay on the skin for almost the entire time I'm scrubbing, just starting to dissolve when my skin's had enough.

Here's what it looks like...you can see how it has almost a honey-like texture.  I haven't used this as a mask yet, I just scrub and rinse, but my skin has never felt this smooth! It gives my dull, dry skin a glow that I haven't seen since I was a teenager.  My skin looks fresh and feels so super smooth, I can actually wear matte or dryer foundations after using this without any dry patches for them to cling to. It also doesn't leave an oily film behind like some scrubs do, which doesn't matter to me so much when it comes to body scrubs because I can use the extra layer of hydration, but I definitely don't want residue on my face.
Overall, I can honestly say that this is the best facial scrub I've used in my life so far...it's super effective and makes my face feel as smooth as my 18 month old son's (and I'm not just saying that...really, I compared them!).  I realized that using my Clarisonic every day isn't enough to exfoliate my dry, flaky skin so I've added this to my rotation once or twice a week.

You can purchase the Black Sugar Mask at SokoGlam.com for $14.70, one of my favorite retailers for Korean Beauty products (they ship from NY, so you don't have to worry about waiting for shipping from Korea). Urban Outfitters also sells Skinfood, but they don't have this product on their website...still they may carry it in stores, it can't hurt to check!

Do you have a favorite facial exfoliator?  Or have you tried this one?  I'd love to hear about it!

3 comments

  1. Skinfood that korean product beauty brands. Think it increase beauty of woman.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for doing reviews like these. My skin is sensitive, you think it can tolerate the sugar granules?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Trinh! I think so...sugar is gentler than salt. The packaging said that if you're sensitive, use it on a wet face rather than dry and then add more water once you've spread it around because then the sugar will dissolve a little faster.

      Delete

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig