Nonie Creme Colour Prevails Launches at Walgreens!

Back in early February, I posted about a new makeup line coming to Walgreens called Nonie Creme Colour Prevails (Nonie Creme is formerly of Butter London).  It's one of two new brands I spotted at my local Walgreens over the weekend, the other being Eva Mendes' new line Circa (see my post about that here). Both brands are at a higher price point than your normal drugstore lines, but are still less expensive than brands like Urban Decay or Benefit.  So let's have a look!

The Colour Prevails display is one one side of the beauty department's checkout counter, while the new Circa display is on the other.  It's in the spot where Jordana used to be and for a second, I was panicking that they got rid of Jordana...they didn't, it was just moved to another area, whew! 
In the Face section, there's Blank Canvas Foundation ($15) and Blurred Lines CC Cream ($16).

Then we have the Sculpture and Contour Highlight Duo ($14), Bashful Beauty Multi Stick Cheek and Lip ($13) and Bashful Biscuit Blush/Bronzer Duo ($13).

In the Eye section, we have three different Watercolor Eye Shadow Palettes ($19), Lash Ombre Mascara ($13) and Eye Calligraphy Liquid Liner ($9).
There's also Eye Shimmer Powders ($12) and Eye Design Shadow Liner Duos ($12).

For lips, there's the Classic Lip Duo Lipstick/Lip Gloss ($14) and the Colourwash Comfort Balm ($9).
Then there's the Lip Design Sheer Colour/Liner Duo ($12) and the Paint and Varnish Matte Lip Colour and Top Coat ($12).
Finally, it's all about the nails on the bottom row ($8)! I love Butter London's polishes, so I'm definitely excited to try these...especially since they have a patent-pending precision painter that claims to "improve your painting results beyond belief!".  I do a lot of at-home mani's so anything that will make my paint jobs look neater is something I need in my life.

So what do you think of the prices?  I'm curious to see how these two new brands will sell in the drugstores due to the higher pricepoint.  Although, I will say that a lot of these products are double-ended and are like two products in one, so that could offset the prices a bit.

If you'd like to try Colour Prevails but don't have it at your local Walgreens yet, you can purchase it on drugstore.com.

12 comments

  1. Woah, $19 for a drugstore eyeshadow palette? $15 for foundation? The cheapest items are $8 and $9! I'd love to try this line but it's going to be hard because I can only afford to buy 2 or 3 things. If this was a brand like Rimmel or Maybelline I could get 6 items for the same price. Why is drugstore makeup getting so expensive, sheesh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm intrigued, but I'm waiting for reviews first.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really want to review everything but it's going to take a while at these prices. I wish Walgreens rewards program was as good as CVS's because that would help considerably!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dude, no kidding. The Walgreens reward program seems kind of pointless to me.

      Delete
    2. Hi Laura, I know! I probably shop at Walgreens the most and in the past few years, I got a $5 reward twice. I get CVS ones all the time and I barely shop there! Lol.

      Delete
  4. A trustworthy nail blogger I follow reviewed a few of the nail polishes and she was really impressed. She said it took a ment to get the hang of holding the brush, but once she got it, it made painting her nails much more comfortable and ergonomic!

    I'm excited to find out how some of the face products (blush/bronzer duos!!) measure up! Definitely hope to see some reviews on these products soon. They're a bit pricey, but like you mentioned most of them are 2 in 1's, and if the performance is there, then I'm in!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Simone, that's great info thanks! I definitely want to try these nail polishes now! :)

      Delete
  5. I tried the dual colored mascaras (teal and purple) and the liquid eye liner (in purple)
    LOVED them both - good quality - will try more colors .

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just bought and reviewed a couple of the nail polishes and the Smoky & Smudgy eye shadow palette. Love all the stuff I got and want to go back for more. The ergonomic handle on the polish really helps keep my polishing hand steady!

    About the prices, yes, it's a bit expensive for a drugstore, but I think we need to look at the quality. Honestly? If the exact same eye shadow palette I got was labeled with a prestige name and was sold at Ulta or Sephora for two or three times the price, people would be all over it. And some of the usual drugstore brands such as Cover Girl are getting rather pricey too.

    Great photos of the display!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I bought the CC cream because I could not find ANYTHING, even at a high price point that I was happy with for an everyday look. This stuff matches me perfectly, doesn't oxidize on my skin and looks natural, but glow-y! I am so glad I gave it a shot! I'm very oily, and while I do need to blot as i normally would, I'm still impressed by it's lasting power. I will definitely ry some other products from this line!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi! I have seen this brand on sale in almost every walgreens! I got the eyeshadow palette for $4.50 Do you now why? Thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ella, the brand went out of business. Guess it couldn't make a go of it, I'm guessing because people generally thought it was too expensive for drugstore makeup. My favorite product was their combo lipstick/lip gloss and I picked up a handful of colors in Walgreens' clearance sale.

      Delete

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig