Makeup Revolution Radiance Radiant Lights Palette Review and Swatches

I've been wanting to try the Hourglass Ambient Lighting Palette ($58, Sephora) for quite a while now, but the price...ouch! But then I saw the Makeup Revolution Radiance Radiant Lights Palette ($11.99) and it looked like a potential dupe, so I put one in my cart during a recent haul. Let's take a closer look...
The palette comes in a bronze colored box and the palette itself looks very much like the Golden Sugar Blush palette I reviewed a while back (see my review here).
Makeup Revolution sells their Radiant Lights powders individually ($7.49 each) but this palette puts all three together, which is great because I've been wanting to try them for a while now.

The palette includes Breathe, Exhale, and Glow.  Breathe is a gorgeous champagne shade that I use all over my face...it's probably my favorite of the three.  It's not too dark for my pale skin and it gives me a lit from within glow and makes my skin look absolutely flawless and airbrushed.  Having dry skin, I'm not usually a fan of powder, but this is soft and silky and doesn't make my skin look dry...just the opposite!  It gives me the glow my dull skin has been lacking without being shimmery or fake looking. 
Exhale is the second shade in the palette and is a perfect highlight color. I use it on my cheekbones and it makes them stand out without being glittery or too shimmery.
Glow is a bronzy shade that I'm a little afraid to use on it's own right now, since I'm so pale.  But in the summer, I might mix a little with Breathe and and use it all over when my skin has a little more color to it. 

Here they are swatched on my skin...they're so soft and pigmented!
Breathe, Exhale, Glow

I really wanted to compare this to the Hourglass Ambient Lighting palette, but since I don't own it, I decided to go to Sephora and swatch it.  So I brought my Radiant Lights palette to the mall with me and swatched it next to the Hourglass shades once I left the store. I was really impressed by how close the shades are!



Overall, this is definitely a dupe for the Hourglass Ambient Lights palette! The colors are so similar and they both offer a soft texture with highly pigmented powders. Not to mention that this palette is a great buy on it's own because the shades are beautiful, especially Breathe.  I think I'll probably order the full size single of it next because it really makes my skin look amazing and now I don't want to be without it! This is a must-buy in my book, so head on over to Makeup Revolution and check this out.

10 comments

  1. I just received my very first order from MR and I ordered the Breathe. It is beautiful! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it just amazing? I don't think I've ever used a highlighting powder all over my face but Breathe isn't glittery or sparkly. It just makes you glow. :)

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous! Is this available to purchase in store or only online? I've never even heard of Makeup Revolution before, but would love to try!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Heather, this is a UK- based brand so it's available in drugstores in the UK, but if you're anywhere else in the world, the only option is to purchase online. I live in Connecticut and it takes anywhere from 8-10 business days to arrive once I've placed an order. Also, the website prices are in pounds, but there's an option to change it to your currency near the top of the website.

      Delete
  3. I haven't tried Makeup Revolution yet but Ive been saving up to buy a bunch of things at once because I hear shipping to the US is a tad expensive. But now I don't want to wait anymore. These swatches are beautiful and it looks just like the Hourglass one- you have no idea how long I've wanted that palette. Now I don't have to spend all that money. I can spend $58 and get a whole bunch of Makeup Revolution, hee hee!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Sonia! Yay! So glad I could find you a dupe! :)

      Delete
    2. I ordered Revolution palettes from Ulta.com and got free shipping I think since I spent over $50

      Delete
  4. I just placed an order wth them based upon this post. It put me over the edge. Lol! I've wanted that Hourglass palette, but I just could not justify it! I also ordered a few blush products, so I'm excited to get the order. Fingers crossed it gets here ASAP. Thanks for the great posts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Coco! I'm so glad...I think you'll love it! So far everything I've tried from Makeup Revolution has been fantastic! Shipping to the US takes a little longer than normal but not too bad and it's worth it! :)

      Delete
  5. I have 2 eyeshadow palettes and a bronzer from makeup revolution and i just love them! Right now i'm looking for a natural wet looking highlighter with no glitter, i just hate glitter in everyday makeup. Can you see any glitter at all in these when you blend them?

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig