L'oreal La Palette Nude 2 Review and Swatches

Last week, I posted a review and swatches of the new L'Oreal La Palette Nude 1 (see my review here) and I loved it so much, I couldn't wait to show you guys La Palette Nude 2!  It has much cooler shades than Nude 1, which was mostly warmer bronze-based nudes. Let's take a look...

Just like Nude 1, this has a guide on the back of the palette with four different looks you can create.

I was surprised that this palette has mostly matte shades in it, because Nude 1 had 5 shimmer and 5 matte.  Nude 2 has 3 satiny shades and 7 matte.  At first glance, I was thinking that these cooler, rosy-toned nudes could make this a dupe for the Naked 3, but that has a lot of shimmer and glitter going on...and then I realized that this palette really reminds me of the Tartelette palette.  More on that below...



There are 10 shades total and #1, #2, and #6 are satin/shimmers while the rest are matte.

Here are the close-ups and swatches:
loreal la palette nude 2 review



Here it is next to the Naked 3...I didn't really see any dupes here.  I even swatched several of the shades next to each other and a few were similar, but I didn't find any exact dupes.

Then I decided to try it next to the Tartelette palette and I could see quite a few shades that looked like dupes, especially those purple shades!

So I swatched both palettes...this is L'oreal Nude 2 in the top row and the Tartelette palette on the bottom.  There were a few shades that were very close, but no exact dupes, not even the purples!

Like the Nude 1 palette, these shades are very pigmented and soft and rival any high-end palette.  I'm actually glad that it's not a dupe for anything that I already have because that means I have 10 new shades to play with! This is totally worth the $15.84 I paid, so definitely check your local Walmart store (or find this on their website and use the store locator to find out which ones are carrying it). If you love cooler eyeshadow shades, especially mattes, you'll love this one! If you're into warmer shades, I recommend checking out the Nude 1!

9 comments

  1. I just spotted this one at my local Target (only one left)...so they must be starting to show up there too!! Thanks for the swatches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, thanks SO much for the reviews! So glad to see these kits are of good quality and reasonably priced. In the last couple of years, the drugstore lippies have improved to the point of rivaling middle and high end brands, and I hope the shadows will follow soon (Katherine T.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for review. I am really happy that this palette is great. I wish I could spot it at my local Rite Aid.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just saw it at Rite Aid yesterday! I'm going back asap for both :) so keep looking!

      Delete
  4. Hi I saw both of your posts and can I just say the swatches look great. I love the looks of both palettes but am wondering which L'Oreal palette would look better on a darker skin tone just for everyday us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard this one, Nude 2, is the better for dark complexions.

      Delete
  5. Corpus Christi area Ulta has both 1 and 2. Plenty of them! I hadn't even heard of these when I saw them this morning. Your swatches are swaying me to buy 2 even though I have a butt ton of neutral palettes already ! Lol. Plus until July 4 ulta is having 40% off all loreal cosmetics 😉

    ReplyDelete
  6. I may have missed it, but what is the staying power of the product? Even some of my favorites don't last as long as I'd like. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Emilynoelle83 compared the Tartlette In Bloom to Carli Bybels palette on Snapchat. She briefly showed the similarities and it looks very close when you look at the palettes next to eachother.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig