Milani Fierce Foil Lip Gloss Review and Swatches

Last week, I spotted the new Milani Fierce Foil Lip Glosses at CVS ($6.49) and they were BOGO 50% off...so I picked up a few to try.  I'm sad to say I wasn't a fan of their Fierce Foil Eyeshine palettes, but these lip glosses looked too pretty to pass up! 
They come in 6 shades, all named after places in Italy. Here's the photo I took at CVS and shared on Instagram last week...right away, I noticed that the burgundy shade the model is wearing (03 Florence) is much less glittery than the rest of the shades. Still, I'm not really a fan of dark lip colors on me, so I chose Rome, a light pink and Capri, a gorgeous violet mauve.


I really like the clear packaging because you can see exactly what the shades look like, plus I don't know why, but I love square lip gloss tubes...they seem more high-end than round ones.  Maybe they remind me of Chanel's Glossimers?  I don't know, haha.
They come with a flat doe foot applicator which is a little larger than average...I absolutely love these because they give really great coverage in one swipe, rather than having to dip the wand back into the product multiple times.

These swatches are one swipe of the applicator, so you can see how intense these are! They have brilliant shine, tons of glitter and great pigmentation. The feel super soft and buttery while applying, almost like a lip oil...they don't have the thick, sticky texture of a gloss.  They're just super smooth and soft.
milani fierce foil rome capri
Rome, Capri

milani fierce foil lip gloss swatch
Rome

Capri
One thing I should mention is that these are pretty heavily scented with a vanilla cake batter-type scent that almost has a little fruity-ness behind it. It doesn't bother me, but if you're sensitive to fragrance in lip products, I wanted to put that out there.

Wear time isn't the best...but it's average for a lip gloss. As these wear away, they leave glitter behind on your lips which I'm not crazy about, but I don't plan on wearing these during the day either.  I think for me, they'd best be suited to wear out at night for a few hours, and if there's some stray glitter on my lips when I get home, who cares?  Overall, these are a super fun lip product to wear.  They're glittery, but it's a grown-up kind of glitter with brilliant foil shine. If you're looking for some beautiful shades to liven up your lip collection, definitely pick a few of these up!

Have you seen these out at CVS yet, or tried any of the shades?  I'd love to hear your thoughts!

8 comments

  1. I would love that scent but not the glitter! I think it'll be a skip for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are these similar to the Covergirl Lipglosses with all the shimmer in them?
    I really like the looks of these but I would be afraid they would look to frosty!

    Check out my blog?
    Krystal @ Little Beauty Bug | Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Krystal, Do you mean the Lip Lava's? I think they're similar but these are a little frostier and more metallic than those. But they're kind of in the same ballpark. :)

      Delete
  3. Those are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Definitely not purchasing these. Too glittery and aluminum foily finish for someone preferring MLBB look.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wonder how 04 swatches. It looks on the light side but might come out as a pretty nude shade.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just picked up 04. It's very silvery-glittery and you can feel the glitter on your lips. I'm going to return it because it's too much, even for me and I love glitter glosses. I picked up 02 Rome as well. It looks like a gold glitter gloss on me. I'll probably keep that one.

      Delete
  6. I disagree with all the negative comments and feel the opposite! Love the shine and wear it over other lipsticks to brighten them. I only wear high end products but now like this line and the Fierce Foils Glosses. I wear Venice and Rome and adore them!!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig