Hard Candy Glamoflauge Foundation Review

Hard Candy Glamoflauge Foundation ($7, Walmart) is a brand new release for Spring 2015 and when I saw it, I was so excited because it's something I've been hoping they would create for a long time!  You've no doubt heard about their Glamoflauge Concealer...it has a cult following and many people feel that it's a dupe for Kat Von D's Tattoo Concealer, so I can imagine that a lot of people are going to be psyched about this new foundation.  Let's take a look! 
The Claims:
"Invisible Camouflage Foundation. A transforming liquid to powder foundation that absorbs oil, camouflages imperfections, and delivers a long lasting velvet finish. This skin perfecting fluid contains superfine pigments for seamless full coverage without looking caked on. Infused with kaolin clay for exceptional wear and oil absorption. Skin retains natural moisture for 12 hours of flawless perfection and transfer resistance. Pairs perfectly with our Glamoflauge concealers for extra covering power."


It comes in a lightweight plastic bottle with a pump (yay!) and comes in 8 shades- Porcelain, Ivory, Fair, Light, Light Medium, Medium, Medium Tan, and Tan.  Porcelain and Ivory looked too light for me, and I wanted to try the third lightest shade, Fair, but it was sold out, so I went a shade darker and got Light.  I figured that since we're heading into warmer weather, I might as well go up a foundation shade, since I normally do in the summer anyway. 
I don't notice too much of a scent with this...maybe just a hint of a chemical smell, but it disappears very quickly. 

This foundation feels super lightweight, yet velvety when you apply it.  I've honestly never felt anything like it before...as soon as I started blending it into my skin, I was like, "oh my God, this is amazing!" The first time I tried it, I applied it with my fingers, and as I went along my face, it reminded me of using one of those flaw-eraser tools in photo editing software. It just glides across the skin, softening and perfecting as it goes.
It has similar qualities to L'oreal's Magic Nude or Maybelline's Dream Wonder, in that it's lightweight and sinks into the skin quickly, except it's not as thin and oily as they are...it's somewhere in-between them and a mousse.
It actually dries to a powdery finish, which is something I thought wouldn't work with my dry skin...but somehow, it doesn't cake or settle into fine lines or dry patches. It just gives my skin a flawless, satin finish.
Glamoflauge Foundation in Light
I would say that this is a medium coverage foundation...but can be built up to full.  I was expecting a thick, totally full coverage foundation based on the Glamoflauge Concealer, but this isn't that heavy-duty at all.  You may still need concealer on darker spots but this covers most things really well and feels so light with a super soft, velvet finish.
Overall, I'm crazy about Glamoflauge Foundation! It has a totally unique, soft and fluffy texture that just melts into your skin and erases the majority of your flaws with ease.  Plus, it's mattifying properties are going to be great going into the summer months.  I highly recommend picking this up...no matter what your skin type.  I think you'll love it!


17 comments

  1. Sounds awesome! I really like the lightweight feel of the Loreal and Maybelline ones you mentioned, so I am excited this one compares without the oily feel. Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How would you compare it to Revlon Colorstay?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does last a long time and is medium coverage thats buildable but that's where the similarities end. Colorstay has a traditional liquid foundation texture but Glamoflauge has this really unique, mousse like texture that feels powdery and velvety. Plus, it contains clay to absorb oil so that's an added benefit.

      Delete
    2. Awesome! I like the coverage of the Colorstay, but I don't like the thick feel to it. I will definitely have to try this out! Do you like the Glamoflauge concealer? I always have a problem with concealers creasing and I haven't found one to do the trick yet.

      Delete
    3. Yeah Glamoflauge is much lighter than Colorstay. I wasn't crazy about the Glamoflauge concealer...it does the job but has a greasy feel to it. I much prefer Wet N Wild's Come Correct or It Cosmetics Bye Bye Under Eye when I need a full coverage concealer. :)

      Delete
  3. I purchased the ivory shade because in the bottle it looked like it would match my skin. Boy was I wrong! It looked like I was painting my face white when I applied it. I ended up trying to mix some with an ELF BB cream that was a tad too dark for my skin tone and made the perfect shade. I was afraid that mixing the two would affect the lasting ability but it didn't at all. It stayed on all evening and when I forgot to wash my face that night, my skin still looked flawless the entire next day with no touch ups needed. I love the coverage and lasting ability of this Glamoflauge foundation, I just wish that I had bought the correct shade.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Bethany, You're right about the shades...it was so hard to tell based on the bottles! They also have 2 shades below "fair" which is usually the lightest shade in most lines. I wonder what porcelain is like if Ivory was that white for you, haha! I'm so glad you posted this because now other readers can see how white the lightest shades are and maybe go up to fair or light if necessary. Thanks!! :)

      Delete
    2. What were the undertones to the shades? I am very pink and wondered if these tendered toward pink or yellow. Thanks!

      Delete
    3. It was really hard to tell because the shades look different than they do from looking at the bottle. The shade I got, Light was pretty neutral-not yellow or pink but one shade lighter, Fair, looked more pInk. I actually wanted that shade but it was sold out, unfortunately.

      Delete
  4. Which shades are yellow toned? I'm a light medium Olive toned girl that finds it almost impossible to find a match.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I only tried the Light shade so I'm not sure which are more yellow. Has anyone else tried the other shades that can answer this question?

      Delete
    2. I bought this in Fair, and I'm an NC15/NC20, season-dependent. It seems to me to be more yellow-toned, and looks like a perfect match on my skin. I would wager I'd be around an NC16/17 at the moment (if that even exists haha), and for reference, my background is Filipino. Hopefully this helps!

      Delete
  5. I ended up buying this in the color fair. It was the right color, but I have combination/oily skin and this foundation never absorbed into my skin, it kind of just sat on top like a mask.... and then settled into my laugh lines and transferred easily. I'm hoping I can return it! Do you have a recommendation for my skin type? I typically like medium/full coverage for when I go out, during the week I just wear Bare Minerals to work.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Update from my last post.... this went from being my least favorite foundation to my favorite... I tried applying with a beauty blender and I set it with Maybelline Fit Me pressed powder.... love it and my skin doesn't get oily at all!

    ReplyDelete
  7. @shorty50009 i do the same thing and get the perfect coverage/finish

    ReplyDelete
  8. With any foundation I almost always have to buy the lightest shade.. so I went for the lightest shade, Its actually pretty ghostly looking but I actually really love it. Its almost too white for me, but I can use bronzer, blush, and contour with this without the contouring looking orange. Ivory is my perfect match in this foundation.. I highly recommend this product and I'm probably no longer going to be spending over $20 on my usual foundation. yay for saving money!

    BTW - I am pink/cool toned

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this foundation..I'm 46, oily, no wrinkles yet, but I do have dark under eye circles...this works great, and its build able for coverage. I'm Spanish and Italian, with hair color and skin tone similar to Jennifer Lopez, I bought medium tan, and its perfect for me. I normally would never buy a shade that says tan in the color description, but teir colors are alit lighter than they look in the bottle. I only need 2 pumps on the back if my hand to acheive the coverage I need. I apply with a stipple brush, then go over my face with BB for a perfect finish...definitely recommend this product.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig