L'oreal Blow Dry It Thermal Smoother Cream Review

The new L'oreal Blow Dry It line consists of three products that help to protect your hair from heat styling as well as make it easier.  Yesterday, I reviewed the new Quick Dry Primer Spray which ended up cutting my drying time in half!  Today, I wanted to review the other product in the line I purchased, which is the Thermal Smoother Cream ($3.99 Target).
This cream is supposed to smooth your hair and lock out humidity to prevent and tame frizz and give your hair a smooth finish.  I used this on towel dried hair after spraying on the Quick Dry Primer.



The Thermal Smoother Cream is a lightweight cream, similar in texture to a light body lotion. It has a pleasant fruity scent that I recognize from other L'oreal hair products but I just can't place which ones at the moment.
I found that this didn't weigh down my baby fine hair at all- I just used about a nickel sized dollop (my hair is between chin and shoulder length) and worked it in to the mid-shafts and ends first, then whatever residue was on my hands, I applied to the top of my hair.  I try not to put too much product at the roots because even so-called lightweight products can weigh down my hair on top, but the top of my head has quite a bit of frizz, especially in humid or rainy weather so I wanted to make sure I got this on there even if it was just a little bit.
Overall, I was very happy with the results I got from this!  My hair looked very smooth and shiny and felt velvety soft, without extra weight.  This added a tiny bit of hold, whereas the primer spray I reviewed yesterday didn't add any. So I like using this in combination with that so my style will stay straight and smooth all day.
Have you tried the new Blow Dry It line yet, or are you thinking about it?

2 comments

  1. I just bought this product last night and I was amazed. I have thick hair and I was trying to find something I could use to smooth out my hair so that I wouldnt have to use so much heat during the flat iron process. Since my hair is thick and coarse I knew I would need more product. I applied a quarter sized amount to my hair once sectioned off in fourths. This product smoothed my hair out beautifully and once I was ready to flat iron it I only had to use it on low. The iron settings go from 1 to 30 and I set mine on 10 and got great results. This is definitely going to be a staple of mine!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay I'm so glad it worked for you! This is a great line.. I liked all the products I've tried from this! :)

      Delete

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig