L'oreal Blow Dry It Quick Dry Primer Spray Review

Last month, I spotted a new line of L'oreal Paris hair products at Target called Blow Dry It.  There are three products in the line, including a Primer Spray, Thermal Anti-Frizz Cream, and Dry Shampoo and they were all $3.99 each. 
The first one I wanted to review was the Quick Dry Primer Spray.  
Hair primers are a relatively new idea and have been hitting the stores more and more in the past year or so.  Some prep the hair for styling products but this one is supposed to cut down on blowdrying time and offer heat protection.



Here's the ingredient list:

It comes in a spray bottle and the texture is very much like those shine sprays that you would use after styling- it's extremely lightweight. But unlike a shine spray that coats the hair and can make it feel greasy, this disappears into the hair and helps with detangling. I thought it would be similar to other leave-in sprays like "It's a 10" but it's not at all.  The sprays I was thinking of are thicker...this is a very fine, almost water-like mist.  Just watch your bathroom floor- it makes it really slippery!
It smells fruity-floral, like some other L'oreal hair products I've used although I can't think of which at the moment.
While testing this out, I sprayed it on towel-dried hair about 5 minutes after getting out of the shower so my hair didn't have too much time to air dry.  Usually it takes about 13-14 minutes to dry my long bob which falls between my chin and shoulders) but with this it only took 7-8, which is just over half the time!  In addition, it made the damaged areas of my hair practically disappear!  I know that it claims heat protection, but the bottle didn't say anything about repairing damage or moisturizing, so that was a really nice surprise.  My hair felt like silk afterward and was smooth, shiny and frizz free. I also have baby fine hair and this didn't weigh it down at all, even when sprayed generously.

I realized shortly after trying this that it reminds me a lot of Redken's Pillow Proof Blow Dry Express Primer, and that would make sense, because L'oreal owns Redken!  After using both, I can definitely say that L'oreal's Quick Dry Primer is a great dupe for it.  The main difference between the two is that Redken's formula is dual-phase, but once you shake it up and spray it, it has the same lightweight texture and it cuts down my drying time by the same amount.
Overall, this primer is awesome!  It's really inexpensive and works amazingly well, cutting my blowdrying time almost in half, plus leaving my hair silky smooth.  I definitely recommend picking this up next time you're at Target!
I'd love to hear from you if you've tried any of the Blow Dry It line yet, or if you've been wanting to!

9 comments

  1. I'll try anything that cuts dry time in half! I absolutely HATE doing my hair, so this sounds like it could take some of the pain out of the process. :) I love the 'Boost It' root volumizing spray in this line (purple lettering).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Stephanie, I love that Boost It spray too! I'm really liking L'oreal's new hair products lately!

      Delete
  2. Anything that cuts down on drying time is wonderful. It takes me all day to wash, condition, detangle, deep condition, dry and flat iron my long, thick curly hair.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well then you'll definitely want to try this out for sure! :) I have really fine hair but for some reason it takes forever to dry. My hairstylist is always like, "man I thought it would be quick to dry your hair because it's fine" but I think it's because I have a lot of it.

      Delete
  3. This stuff is AMAZING!! Thanks to your review I went and bought it and couldn't be more thrilled with how it works!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my gosh, that's SO great to hear!! Thanks for the feedback. :) I'm totally in love with it too...it's fantastic!

      Delete
  4. hi, do you think it will work to keep my hair straight, have wavy hair, so if i wash my hair and spray some on my hair and use the blow dryer will it make my hair straight ? thx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure that it will since it doesn't really have hold in it...it's mainly just to make the water evaporate from the hair faster. L'Oreal makes another product in a bottle that looks almost exactly like this except it has a spray trigger instead of a pump. It's called Sleek It Iron Straight. You can use that in combination with this and that will allow your hair to remain straight all day! :)

      Delete
  5. As a girl with thick, wavy, coarse hair, I have to say that this product is too thin for such hair type. I use Garnier 5-in-1 Miraculous oil instead and it works as claimed. Takes care of the frizz, cuts down blow drying time in half, detangles and moisturizers hair. It also doubles up as Vo5 hot oil.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig