Maybelline Fit Me Matte + Poreless Review and Swatches

Maybelline Fit Me Matte + Poreless Foundation ($6.29 at Bed, Bath and Beyond) is a brand new launch for Spring 2015 and joins the Fit Me line as an option for normal to oily skin.  When the original Fit Me came out a few years ago, it didn't really specify a skin type that it was meant for, but a lot of people felt that it was too dewy for oily skin. They've since renamed the original Fit Me "Dewy and Smooth" for normal to dry skin types.  I actually have dry skin myself, but I still wanted to try this one out because a lot of you have been requesting a review on it.  So here goes! 
Fit Me Matte + Poreless makes several claims including:

  • Mattifies and refines pores
  • Matches natural tone
  • Natural, seamless finish

It comes in a glass bottle, almost identical to the original Fit Me, except the writing on the bottle is blue instead of white. My one major complaint with the packaging is that there's no pump on the bottle.  It has to be poured out on the back of my hand and I always end up wasting a lot that way as I tend to overestimate how much I'm going to need (plus it comes out really fast and it's a wide opening).



The formula is lightweight and slightly runny but it gives medium coverage that can be built up if necessary.  One thing I noticed right away is that this dries and sets really fast.  I sometimes like to dot a foundation all over my face first and then go back and blend with my Beauty Blender, but with this one, I had to work in sections otherwise it would dry by the time I got to the other side of my face.
In the photo below, you can see it already starting to dry a little around the edges and set into my skin (and I took the picture immediately after swatching!)

Since I have dry skin it's going to be hard for me to review this foundation's oil-controlling abilities since there's pretty much zero oil in my skin. But here's how it worked for me:

It clung to my dry areas a bit when I first applied it, which I was expecting it to do, but it did give my face an overall flawless, yet very natural look. I really liked the satin-matte finish- it feels so light on your face and sinks right into your skin so it doesn't feel like you're wearing a mask. I have to say, it didn't make me look poreless...I could still see my pores but it did seem to minimize the look of them which was nice. I didn't need to set this with powder or anything (although if you're oily, you still might) and it lasted all day on me without the need for touch-ups.

Overall, I can see why this formula is meant for normal to oily skin.  It dries really fast, is lightweight, and doesn't feel heavy or dewy.  It definitely lacks the moisture my dry skin craves, but if you're oily, I'm sure you'll feel like that's a good thing! I think the finish is amazing and very natural looking.  If I moisturize really well and use a hydrating primer, I might be able to get away with using this because I really like it!

Have you seen this in stores or tried it yet?  Or are you thinking about buying it?

2 comments

  1. As an oily skin girl, I have to say I'm overall impressed with this foundation. I will agree with you that it does dry pretty quickly. I've been applying it with my beauty blender and it gives great coverage. I've noticed I don't need to use a lot of concealer with this foundation which is great! I don't even have to set this foundation with powder if I don't want to, which is rare for me. I usually just go over my t-zone lightly with powder just to set that area, because I know that's where I get the oily the most. As for staying power, I've noticed that around hour 5 or 6 I do have to touch up my t-zone with a little extra powder or my Mally pore defender but that's it. With other foundations, I usually have to go over my entire face and I hate that. I've also noticed that this foundation is light in the way it feels especially for the type of coverage it provides. Other foundations with this type of coverage usually feels like I'm wearing a thick, heavy mask and look cakey. I hate that feeling! This one doesn't feel that way to me. Good job Maybelline!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Michelle thank you so much for all of the info! It's great for all of the readers to have a review from the perspective of someone with oily skin. I totally agree that it gives great coverage for being so lightweight...that really surprised me!

      Delete

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig