L'Oreal Infallible Makeup Extender Setting Spray Review

L'oreal Infallible Makeup Extender Setting Spray ($13.79 at Bed, Bath and Beyond) is a new product for Spring 2015 that's supposed to keep your makeup locked into place all day without having to use a powder or needing touch-ups.  I was hoping that since L'oreal owns Urban Decay, that this would be a dupe for their All Nighter Setting Spray which is $30, so stay tuned to find out if it really is! 

L'oreal Makeup Extender comes in a 3.4 oz rubberized black bottle, which I love and hate at the same time.  It's really easy to grip, so when you're spraying it in all of the X and T maneuvers they tell you to do, you don't have to worry about the bottle slipping out of your hands.  On the other hand, it attracts everything...dust and any makeup that you might have on your fingers. Mine looks so dirty right now, and it's kind of gross.

The back of the bottle describes the texture as a micro-fine mist. You're supposed to shake it well, hold it 8"-10" from your face and spray it 4-6 times in an X and T motion.


Ingredient-wise, it has some of the same ingredients as the Urban Decay All-Nighter, but there are quite a few that are different, so they didn't use the same formula here.
The sprayer is the kind you have to pump rather than hold down like an aerosol spray.  I found that it does mostly come out in a fine mist, but I still felt a few larger droplets hit my face, and afterwards, my face felt kind of wet in certain areas, even though the rest had dried.  Once dry, I could sometimes still feel it on my face when I made certain facial expressions. When I smiled, I would feel a slightly stiff, tacky feeling on my cheeks that wasn't horrible, but it was there nonetheless.

Overall, this kept my makeup looking fresh all day, so it definitely works right on par with the Urban Decay version!  I can say that I've tried both and I can't tell the difference as far as keeping makeup in place.

Pros: 

  • The Loreal Makeup Extender also has no discernable scent (at least to my nose) which is great. 
  • It's much cheaper than the Urban Decay version- I paid less than half the price of the All-Nighter spray, although many of you have told me that this is more expensive at other drugstores and some of you have paid $16-$17 for it. That's really steep for a drugstore product, but still only a little over half of the Urban Decay version. 
  • Makeup lasted all day without the need for touch-ups.


Cons:
  • On the downside, it does feel wetter than the Urban Decay and the mist just isn't quite as fine.
  •  It felt a little tacky to me at certain points throughout the day, where I didn't have that problem with the Urban Decay version.  
But at the end of the day, if you can get past those things, this might be a good alternative for those of you on a budget. Have you tried this yet?  Do you plan to?

1 comment

  1. I'm an super oily girl chiming in. This was actually my first setting spray...for the price and quality it can't quite be beat except for maybe Mehron's barrier spray (I've gotten that as low as 7 for 2oz and you only need like 2-3 sprays of that vs 4-6 of the L'Oreal).
    I never wear makeup more than 12hrs (12hrs is rare for me but still the longest ever) and don't notice any dewiness (not even slightly oily or wanted to blot then) until about MAYBE 8-8.5hrs in. My regimen is an oil-control face wash (Cetaphil), witch hazel for toning, oil-control & oil-free face moisturizer (Cetaphil or oil-free for combination/oily by Olay), matte/mattifying primer (W7 Camera Ready or Smashbox Studio Finish), a matte/oil-absorbing or oil-free/spf-free foundation, matte/oil-absorbing powder for setting and this spray. I'm leaving room for error/higher score just because I have not done all of my previous steps using my other setting sprays by Skindanavia (oil control formula), NYX (matte version), or Model In A Bottle (sensitive skin formula) for as long as I put this L'Oreal Spray through. If you want to keep your budget for setting spray under $15 a bottle (have found it on many sites for as low as $12 ... got mine on ebay for $10.50 after a 'best offer') AND have excellent quality then this is an absolute MUST BUY. Personally this dried really fast on my face and I didn't feel any tackiness. If you're less oily and maybe more of an combination or normal or dry skin girl I think this just might rock your world even better.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig