L'Oreal Infallible Eyeshadow Crayons Review Swatches

L'Oreal Infallible Eyeshadow Crayons are a brand new release (see my post here from yesterday with photos of the store display).  I spotted these at Bed, Bath and Beyond...there are 8 shades and they were $6.99 each. 
When I saw these, I was hoping that they would be a dupe for some of the higher-end eyeshadow crayons I've been using.  I recently discovered Sephora's Jumbo Liners (see my review here) but they're not cheap, at $14 each.  These L'Oreal crayons have similar packaging and claims of 24 hour wear, so I had my fingers crossed that they would be a dupe since they're half the price.



One complaint that I had with the Sephora Jumbo Liners was that the caps didn't fit snugly and kept falling off. I'm happy to say that the L'Oreal Infallible Crayons do not have this problem...the caps fit snugly and I don't have to worry about them popping off in my bag.
These are not twist-up, so they have to be sharpened, same as the Sephora ones.  One thing that the Sephora liners have going for them is a bigger shade range.  Right now there are only 8 shades of the Infallible Crayons...but as we've seen with other L'Oreal products new shades may be introduced in the Spring if these become popular.

These crayons claim up to 24 hour wear in "one smooth stroke".  I don't wear any makeup for 24 hours, so I can't comment on that claim, but I did test these for the majority of a day so you can see how they hold up in my before and afters below.


These are super pigmented with the very first stroke.  They go on like butter...you barely have to apply pressure, just touch them to your skin and the color just glides on!  I swatched them on my arm first and let them set for about a minute or two and then tried rubbing them off.  They stayed put with no fading!  I tried washing them off with soap and water but there was still quite a bit of color left on my skin so I got them off with my Neutrogena Eye Makeup Remover.

Here are swatches of all 8 shades:

Left to Right: #706 Enduring Rose, #701 Everlasting Gold, #700 Forever Taupe, #702 Impressive Brown

Left to Right: #707 Resilient Green, #703 Always Aqua, #705 Always Purple, #704 Midnight Charcoal. 
Here are all the swatches together...the first four neutral shades are shimmery while the last four bold shades have micro-glitter in them. The two browns (Forever Taupe and Impressive Brown) swatch pretty close, but the Brown is warmer with a bit more copper in it, while the taupe is a cooler brown.

Today I decided to wear Forever Taupe all over with Everlasting Gold in the center of my lid.  I realized afterwards that adding the gold made it look like the taupe is a bit faded in the middle, but it's not...that's just the gold blended over it a little bit.

Unfortunately, this photo is a bit washed out from the sunlight and doesn't do the colors justice...they're much brighter and bolder in person, like the swatches above. But I wanted to use these photos anyway so that I could compare how it holds up later in the day.
I used Midnight Charcoal as a liner...it has a little bit of glitter in it, so we'll see if it migrates on me.
Before: 10am
This photo below is around 7pm.  Since it's dark outside now the lighting is a little different, but you can see that it's still going strong!  The Gold I put in the center of my lid over the Taupe is still there as well as the Charcoal liner (even the wing which never stays)! A little bit of glitter migrated into the inner corner of my eye, but not too much.  I also lined my lower lash line with the Taupe and it didn't budge either.
After: 7pm

Since I love the Infallible Powder shadows, I figured I would like these and I was right!  These crayons are long wearing, pigmented and super soft and easy to work with.  They remind me of a chubby version of the Silkissime eyeliners, which are also amazing.  

Have you seen these out in the stores near you yet?  Would you buy them, and if so, which colors do you like?

5 comments

  1. Thanks for this review!! Rose and Taupe are catching my eye...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem! Those are my favorites that I use all the time! :)

      Delete
  2. I want to try these but no idea how to apply them! Any pointers?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I usually take one of the darker shades and draw a sideways V on the outer corner of my eyelid and up into the outer crease and smudge with my finger to blend. Then use a lighter shade all over my lid. Or you can just use one shade all over the lid for a simple look. These are great because they take a minute or two to set so you have some time to blend them with your fingers. In a way they're almost easier than eyeshadow because you don't need a brush and there's no powder fallout...you just draw them where you want them and smudge to blend! :)

      Delete
  3. Thank you!!!! I'm going to have to try these for sure then!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig