Perfectly Posh Starter Kit Unboxing


You may have seen my post earlier in the week about a new company I recently discovered called Perfectly Posh. I've been using a few of their products for a couple of weeks and I'm totally hooked so for me, the next step was joining the company!

*Quick disclaimer...this is not sponsored and I'm not trying to sell you on joining a business opportunity. This is more of a personal post about something I decided to do in addition to blogging. And, since it's beauty-related, I really wanted to share it with you because the products are awesome and I'm so excited about them.

To join Posh, it costs $99 for a starter kit. It includes over $250+ worth of products (so you can try them for yourself and also be able to give samples), business supplies (samples, sample jars, catalogs, order forms (if you decide to do parties- but you don't have to though!), a t-shirt, and a tote bag. Plus, when you start, you'll have online access to the Posh Academy, which is a series of courses that teach you how to get started and more about the brand. Of course, you can also just order the kit to get the products for less if you don't really want to start a business.

Honestly, I never imagined myself getting into direct sales, but other companies like Avon, Mary Kay, etc. didn't really speak to me like Perfectly Posh does. It's always been my dream to own my own beauty business, but since that takes a lot of time and money to get started (both of which I don't have right now), this is the next best thing! Posh has the same vibe that I would create if I had my own company, so it feels like a perfect fit. They also pay weekly (every Wednesday) like a job would so you don't have to wait until the end of the month.

Even if it doesn't work out business-wise, I just really wanted to try more Posh products so buying the starter kit made sense since you get a ton of products for $99 ($250+ worth). Plus they are all made in the USA, under $25, vegan, cruelty-free, naturally based, and free of sulfates, parabens, and mineral-oil.

The starter kit comes in a cute polka-dotted box and in the top section is a Perfectly Posh T-Shirt. Underneath is everything else! I also want to mention that I placed my order for the starter kit in the evening and the next morning I got my tracking number and the following day it arrived! That's 2 days to get from Utah to CT...really fast!


Each month's starter kit has a different selection of products. The October Starter Kit that I purchased has a lot of fall-themed items in it and is available until October 31. On November 1, there will be a brand new kit, so if you like the products in this one and want to try it, make sure to order by October 31!

Here's a look at all the products in the October Kit (I'll go through them all below)...

...and here are the business supplies I mentioned at the beginning of the post.

Now let's go through each of the products inside the kit (they can all be purchased individually except where noted below...there are 2 products that are exclusive to the kit).
Masks: 



In the October Starter Kit, you get 4 different Face Masks. The Ritual Deep Cleansing & Clarifying Face Mask (in the pink box) is available only to new consultants. It's a Posh tradition to apply it the first day (it's pink and smells like marshmallows!), then snap a photo of yourself wearing it and upload it to the Posh website, saying a little bit about why you joined the company.

Other masks included are:

Apricots Overnight Moisturizing Face Mask ($22)- Get the skin of your dreams with this blend of sensational fruits and apricot extract for a supple and soft face—the perfect overnight companion for intense moisture. Tangerine and lime extracts promote healthy skin, while rosewood and mango reinforce cellular rejuvenation. Apply generously to clean, dry skin before bedtime. Rinse thoroughly with water in the morning.

Smashing Good Pumpkin Face & Body Mask ($19)- Clean and calm irritated skin with a smashing combination of witch hazel, salicylic acid, kaolin clay, tea tree oil, and, of course, pumpkin. This lightweight face and body clay helps improve problem areas and prevent blemishes for skin you’ll absolutely adore. Apply to clean skin and leave on up to 15 minutes. Can be used up to 3 times per week.

Cackle Spackle Detoxifying Face Mask ($18)- Dull, aging skin getting you down? Let Cackle Spackle lift your spirits! Charcoal powder, volcanic ash, kaolin clay, and invigorating spearmint will leave your skin so freshly detoxed it might have you cackling with glee. Our deep-cleaning, facial mask uses kaolin, charcoal, and volcanic ash to clarify skin, then tones it with astringent spearmint and eucalyptus. Apply to a clean, dry face, avoiding eye area. Leave on for 5–10 minutes. Rinse thoroughly and moisturize.

Soaps: 
Gender Bender Body Wash ($16)- This rich, sulfate-free and coconut oil-based body wash is infused with citrus and woodsy amber, delivering a deep, Poshy clean for everyone, guys too!. Use in bath or shower.

Spawesome Chunk Soap ($9)Ahhh. The essential oil blend of mint and eucalyptus instantly transforms your bathroom into a luxurious spa. Relax with this big bath bar and let argan and baobab oils moisturize and pamper your skin. Just one use will have you saying, “Namaste (in the bath) all day.”Fragrance: Fresh, relaxing mint and clean, woodsy eucalyptus.

Raspberry Beret Snarky Bar ($16)- Scented with tart grapefruit and raspberry, this scrubby bar removes dry, dead skin with natural sugar beads. Shea butter moisturizes as raspberry extract invigorates for a sensation that’s far from secondhand. Scrub from neck to toes, rinse, pat skin dry, and follow with moisturizer for results so sensational you’ll want to party like it’s 1999.

Body Moisturizers: 
Cheers, My Dears Skin Joy Body Butter ($22)- Nothing will get you more party-prepped than our light body butter, filled with shea and cocoa butters and a fresh pomegranate and spicy ginger scent. Apply to skin, let it soak it, and then get ready to celebrate. Use daily for soft skin that you’ll always want to toast to. Fragrance: Fresh pomegranate and a zing of spicy ginger. 

Sunny & Share Scented Coconut Oil ($16)- Scented with sparkling grapes and citrus, this super moisturizing, nutrient-rich coconut oil is infused with rosemary and is sublimely hydrating for both skin and hair. Scoop a moderate amount onto palm and spread over skin. May also be used sparingly in hair to smooth fly-aways, promote healthy growth, and increase shine. Fragrance: Sparkling grapes and citrus.

Violet Femme Whipped Body Butter (exclusive to the kit this month)- Hydrate and soothe with shea butter, coconut oil, aloe, and violet extract. With its light, whipped texture and luxurious sugary violet and plumberry fragrance, your skin will look and feel strikingly beautiful.

Boho Soul Big Fat Yummy Hand Creme ($9)- This nourishing hand crème speaks to the soul of any true bohemian babe. With apricot kernel oil, coconut oil, aloe, vitamin E, and the scent of exotically spiced fruits and oud wood, hands feel nourished, soft, and never greasy. Anytime your hands feel dry and in need of renewal, apply a generous amount of Boho Soul to lift your free spirit. Fragrance: Exotically spiced fruits, amber, and oud wood

Skincare: 
BFF: Best Face Forever Exfoliating Face Wash ($21)- Millions of all natural microbeads gently exfoliate and freshen in a blend of grapefruit and peppermint essential oils. Clear away dry, dead skin in a flash and always put your best face forward. Gentle enough for daily use so you never have to go a day without your BFF. Wash with water and a pea-sized drop once per day to naturally clean and exfoliate neck and face. 

Night & Day You Are the One Facial Moisturizer ($21)- Let nothing come between you and your beauty regimen! Except maybe lavender, glycerin, and natural olive oil. Get the nourishment your skin needs to be its best. And with a relaxing scent, your mind will be at its best, too. Apply to clean face and neck morning and night to smooth and soothe your way to perfection.

Dawn on Me Daytime Facial Oil ($18)- Whether used alone or under makeup, start every day with this lightweight facial oil filled with natural oils like sunflower seed, grape seed, jojoba, argan, lime, rosemary, and botanical extracts like vanilla. These amazing ingredients hydrate, soothe, brighten, and protect skin from free radicals. Pat generously over clean, dry face, neck, and chest before applying makeup or facing the world au naturel. Fragrance: Lime, rosemary, and clove essential oils; vanilla extract and ginger root. 

Other: 
The Healer All Natural Shea Butter Skin Stick ($14)- Tired of dealing with dry, flaky, needy skin? The Healer is good for what scales ya! Calm and soothe damaged or irritated skin with gentle shea butter, featuring just a touch of vanilla and essential orange oil. Smooth this nourishing, healing stick wherever your skin needs some extra TLC. Fragrance: Vanilla orange.

Orange Cara-Mellow Lip Scrub ($12)- Give your lips a sweet treat with this orange caramel-flavored scrub. Gently buff away dry, dead skin with sugar, and moisturize with shea butter, cocoa butter, honey, and macadamia, jojoba, and orange peel oils. Plus, the beeswax and sunflower seed wax create a protective barrier to lock in all that delicious hydration you just added to your lips. Smooth generously over lips and rub gently to reveal a supple, sexy smoocher. Lick or wipe off excess sugar, follow with your favorite Sassy Sugar Shack Lip Balm, and prepare yourself for incredible kisses. 
Flavor: 
Bright, sugary orange caramel

Well, that's everything! I hope you enjoyed this little intro to Perfectly Posh products...I can't wait to try everything. So far, I've been opening up each product, smelling it (they all smell amazing, there isn't one thing I didn't like) and testing a little on my hand or arm. Now it's time to get into really testing out all the products and I will be doing more in-depth reviews soon. 

Again, I'm not here to pressure anyone into joining (believe me, I know how that feels when friends and family do that to me) but if you do happen to be looking to start a business and find Posh interesting (or just have questions about how much you can make and things like that) please feel free to email me at Jenna@budgetbeautyblog.com. Or Click HERE to purchase the starter kit (even if you just want all of these products at a discount...you don't have to sell anything if you don't want to). 

What do you guys think? Do the products look interesting to you? 

14 comments

  1. These products look so fun!!! I'm not really interested in selling since I already have a job I love but I might buy the kit and split it up to make teacher gifts and stocking stuffers (I have 3 teen daughters). $99 is a good deal for all of that stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These products look (and sound) amazing! I have been thinking about starting a business like this for a while because my retail job just isn't cutting it. You only have one life, right? My friend does Mary Kay and is actually making more than her husband right now but I feel the same as you about Mary Kay not "speaking" to me. Nothing really has but this, on the other hand would be so much fun and I think the products would sell themselves. I have a couple more questions so I'll be sending you an email later.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would be great, I'm happy to answer any questions you might have. I also have friends that do Younique, Mary Kay, Stella & Dot, etc but I didn't think I would enjoy selling products I wasn't totally passionate about. To be honest, I'm not a super outgoing person so I don't even know if I'll sell anything, haha! But my original plan when buying this kit was just to get a bunch of products to try at a discount since I liked the first few that I tried. I guess we'll see how it goes!

      Delete
  3. This is so fun and exciting too! I want to try everything, but started with the All Fall Down Big Fat Yummy Hand Cream and Raspberry Beret Snarky Bar. Both sound sooo good and if I love them I will be back for more. Maybe even spring for the kit depending on what's in it next month. Thanks for always talking about new and interesting brands.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't tried the All Fall Down scent yet but it sounds great and you will LOVE the Big Fat Yummy Hand Creme...it's what got me hooked on the brand. The Raspberry Beret Snarky bar is amazing!! It eliminates the need to have a body scrub in the shower. I don't have a wide shelf in my shower so trying to fit a jar of body scrub doesn't work for me, I have to put it on the floor (so it's hard to reach and water gets in it). The Snarky bars are super scrubby and exfoliating, but a word of advice. When you first use it, it might not seem that scrubby but the second time around, when the smooth outer layer is worn away it gets super scrubby! :)

      Delete
  4. I need that Smashing Pumpkins mask in my life! They are one of my favorite bands. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mine too, and as someone on my Instagram pointed out they even used the same font from Siamese Dream (my fave album of theirs!). :)

      Delete
  5. I have never heard of this brand but I have purchased a lot of products based on your reviews and I know you wouldn't steer us wrong. If you say it's good, I believe it! Now I just have to figure out what I want to try first. I'm a sucker for body products. Katie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Katie, aw thank you! It makes me so happy to hear you say that! I am never here just to "sell" something. I honestly just love beauty products so much and when I find something great I sometimes go a little overboard in my excitement, haha. But this brand is really amazing and I would never say that if I didn't truly believe it. My advice would be to try the Big Fat Yummy Hand Creme first...the body butters are also fantastic, as are the Chunk soaps and Snarky Bars. Those would be my first picks. :)

      Delete
  6. My friend is a PP rep and she got me hooked on the hand creams first. Now I can't live without the Apricot mask (very dry skinned girl here!) oh and the Snarky body butter, you HAVE to try that one, the scent is out of this world! There are too many good things to list. I'm so glad that Posh is getting the recognition it deserves.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just came here to say that if anyone is skeptical of direct sales or doesn't think they would be good at it, you haven't joined Perfectly Posh yet. I'm a more reserved person and didn't think I would be good at selling anything, but I was so fed up working at a job I despised where hard workers are passed over for other people who like to kiss up to the bosses. I attended an online Posh party an acquaintaince was having and bought the Big Fat Yummy Hand Cream and a few other things. I loved the products so much I decided I HAD to be a part of this company. I now make just enough to pay the mortgage in full every month, and my husband takes care of the rest. It's the most amazing feeling to be able to contribute to my family and not have to punch a clock and work with people who don't appreciate me. My Posh team is such an inspiration and source of support for me, we are all kick a$$ #girlbosses! If you don't want to "sell" to people, here's what I did. I started this business on the side while I was still working. I would keep products on my desk (like the big fat yummy hand creme in different scents) and would put it on my hands throughout the day. People would walk by and smell it and ask what smelled so good. This worked with every scent I tried, they are all delicious. Once they tried it and saw how fast it sinks in they would ask where they could get it! I would also tell the same people that if they wanted to earn free products they could host a party online. They can go on Facebook and I set up a party for them. Then they send their friends over (remember that's how I originally got hooked on it) and they earn free products when their friends shop. There are so many ways you can sell without "really" selling. When people try Posh for the first time, they are hooked for life and end up being repeat customers or joining for themselves, just you did, Jen. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your story is like my dream come true Robyn. I know a few people who work in direct sales for Rodan + Fields and they are doing fantastically. One girl that lives near me on Long Island even bought her husband a boat with her earnings. It was a small boat, but still thousands upon thousands of dollars!!! On the flip side I've known many people who start something like this and then fail so it makes me wonder if I could really do it. I hate the corporate culture at my job and would love nothing more than to work in the beauty industry as my own boss. But I don't really stick with things so I'm a little bit concerned that I'll give up too quickly.

      Delete
  8. I want everything! Love the cute packaging and names. If the quality is there I can see why this brand is your new favorite!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig