Benefit They're Real Push-Up Liner Review

Benefit They're Real Push-Up Liner ($24) is a new long-wearing gel eyeliner that's been getting a lot of attention lately.  It's a totally new concept, since they've found a way to get a gel eyeliner into an easy-to-use pen format, rather than the standard pot and brush which can be a pain and not very portable.  I planned on purchasing this to see what all the hype was about, but then I ended up getting a deluxe sample free with a $25 Sephora order!  It's exactly the same, just smaller, so I was really able to test this out and it'll last me quite a while.

This liner is supposed to be long wearing and waterproof (they even sell another product to remove it).  It's also supposed to hug the lashine and make the eyes look larger.
It comes in a twist up pen and when you use it for the first time, you have to turn the bottom until the product comes up, then wipe the excess away.  One twist gives enough product to line both eyes.
It's hard to see in the photo, but the tip is a flexible rubber and toward the very end where it comes to a point is where the product comes out.  It's upside down in the picture below so you can see it better, but you just rest that part along your lashline and very slowly move it along.  The experts will tell you to work from the inner corner to the outer corner but I like to start in the middle and work toward the outer corner first, because I like the inner corner line to start very thin and get thicker as I go back.  If I start at the inner corner, there's too much product on the applicator and it starts out too thick.  I also don't draw this along like I would a pencil...I just carefully dot it along my lashline, making it thicker as I go.  When I get to the outer corner, I turn it and create a wing by dotting it up and out. Then, when there's less product on the tip, I go back and connect the inner corners to the middle.
Overall, I found this easy to use, but I have an incredibly steady hand when it comes to eyeliner.  If you're a novice or find applying regular eyeliner to be a bit tricky, you may find this a bit harder to use than a regular pencil.  It definitely takes some practice to get the hang of (and I've been applying eyeliner for the last 20 years or so).  I've read other reviews that complained that it skips or makes a messy line, but you just need to exercise a bit of patience and go very slowly and carefully with it and you should be fine.
As for it being waterproof, I really can't say since I didn't swim or take a shower with it.  I did find that it smudged a tiny bit throughout the day.  But, it stayed on from morning until I went to bed without fading which was impressive.  It looked pretty much the same as when I applied it, except for a few light smudges in the outer corner of my eye.
As far as removal goes, I was able to get this off with a cleansing oil and then some eye makeup remover on a cotton pad (I didn't have to buy their remover).
So if you're comfortable applying eyeliner and want to try something new, you should definitely give this a shot!
To purchase or read other reviews and see video tutorials, please visit Sephora below:

No comments

Post a Comment

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig