Maybelline Great Lash Doll Mania Mascara Review

Maybelline Great Lash Doll Mania ($5.49) is a new version of the iconic Great Lash mascara and is supposed to give a wide-eyed doll look to the lashes.
Maybe it's just me, but I never understood all the craziness with the original Great Lash. It's been around pretty much my entire life and it still gets mentioned regularly in beauty magazines as one of the greatest mascaras of all time. I mean, it's a good mascara but I was never able to get the same effect with it that I have with so many others (Maybelline's Illegal Length gave me much longer, lusher lashes to name one from the same brand). 

Anyway, lately there have been a few drugstore "doll eye" formulas such as NYX Doll Eyes and L'Oreal Miss Manga. Let's see how this one stacks up!
The tube looks very similar to the original, except for the Doll Mania logo near the bottom.
This version has a curved brush, which I actually don't mind. It makes it easy to grab all of the lashes. Size-wise the brush is similar to the original as well. The formula is very wet and I'm a multiple coat kind of girl so I did have some issues with clumping as I tried to build it up, but in the end it didn't look too clumpy.
 So here's my before and afters:
Before

After

Just like the original, I found this to be just OK. It did give my lashes some volume, length and curl but not to the point where I thought my lashes looked like doll lashes. In fact, the results were pretty unimpressive. A few hours later, my lashes looked weighted down and straight vs. curled up.

Overall, I don't recommend this one. If you're looking for a Doll Eye mascara, NYX has a great one (and I believe they've started selling NYX at CVS now). I reviewed it a while ago (see my full review here) and here was my after picture for that one- it gave lush, thick, full lashes with crazy length.
So what do you think? Have you tried one of the Doll Eyes mascaras out there now? Which one do you like?

1 comment

  1. Great Lash Doll Mania was the worst product I have ever purchased! The smell of the product was so offensive I could use it!!!!! I will tell everyone I know not to buy it.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig