Ipsy Glam Bag July 2014 Reveal

I always look forward to my Ipsy Glam bag...it almost never disappoints. This month's theme is Sensationally Sunkissed and I got a good variety of different products.

July's bag is hot pink with scalloped edges.


 The first product I got is Befine Food Skin Care Daily Moisturizer with SPF 1.5 oz. ($24 for 1.7 oz.).  This was almost full size and at first I thought it was body lotion due to the larger sample tube (usually face samples are much smaller). Then I read about it online and found that it's actually  face moisturizer featuring Rosemary and Pomegranate extracts as well as rice bran. It's a nice lightweight daily moisturizer with SPF 15, but I'm not super excited about it because I usually use anti-aging skincare and this seems pretty basic, ingredient-wise. To get 20% off any Befine product at Befine.com, enter IPSY at checkout.

 Next is Hang Ten Dark Tanning Oil SPF 8 ($11.99). This is quite a throwback- first, I didn't realize that the Cali Surfer clothing brand Hang Ten was still around (I found out they sell it at Kohls) or that they made sunscreens! The bottle is very 80's retro which is cool and it reminds me of when I used to lie out and bake at the beach with my SPF 8 oil, then I'd drop it to SPF 4 once I got a base tan. Ahh memories...BUT I have to say I'm disappointed that Ipsy included this because it's basically promoting getting a "deep tan" naturally from the sun, which research shows can cause skin cancer. Now I'm not knocking anyone who wants to do that, but this skin cancer survivor won't be using this type of product anymore...pass me the SPF 50! To get 25% off one product at Hang tensunscreen.com, enter code IPSYtan at checkout.
Next is Pixi Tinted Brilliance Balm in Unique Pink ($14). This twist up balm starts out clear and then adjusts to your skin's pH to give you your own custom shade (they also make this balm in regular shades but this one, Unique Pink is self-adjusting). I love the ease of use and the texture is great! It hugs the lips and stays put a long time while keeping lips super hydrated. Here's how the color came out on me...I love it! It's a beautiful shade of pink. 
To get 25% off at Pixibeauty.com, enter flawlesspixi at checkout. 

This next brand, Whet is new to me, but I am loving this deep blue nail polish shade called Facetious ($15). These are free of harmful chemicals, chip resistant, and made in the USA.  I'll be keeping this for fall! To get 30% off a purchase at Whetnails.com, enter Ipsy30 at checkout.
Finally, this 5-in-1 BB cream eyeshadow ($18)from Bare Minerals is amazing! It has 5 benefits- 12 hour wear, built-in primer, brightening benefits, smooths fine lines and protects with SPF.  
  I don't have lines on my eyelids yet, so I can't speak to that, but the rest of the claims hold up. I got this in the shade Divine Wine. Which I thought would be plum colored but its more brown. It goes on SO smooth and silky and is heavily pigmented. It also stays soft long enough to blend it out. I just can't say enough about how amazingly soft and smooth this feels- I wasn't expecting that!
This swatch is when I first applied it...
 ...then this is blended out a bit.
 Here it is on my eye- it stayed like this all day- no creasing, patchiness or fading! I'm definitely going to pick up the full size of this one...maybe in a lighter shade for summer.
Overall I wasn't crazy about the first two products, but the last 3 were awesome and made up for it! How was your Ipsy bag this month? Not a subscriber? Click here to join- its $10 a month (cancel anytime).

No comments

Post a Comment

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig