Sally Hansen Gem Crush Nail Polish Review- Razzle Dazzler swatch and Revlon Stormy Night

I spotted the new Sally Hansen Gem Crush nail polishes at my local Walgreens this week, and since I haven't tried a glitter nail polish in a while, I thought I'd pick one up, especially since they're supposed to be full coverage. 
I chose the shade Razzle Dazzler, which is a fine pink glitter with chunkier silver glitter mixed in.  

The brush is wide and flat, which I love- it makes application really easy and quick.

Here's a swatch on paper: 

This is with 2 coats, and it's pretty well covered already.  A third coat would make this totally opaque.  
My only complaint is that this came off within a day without a topcoat, so I definitely recommend using one.  I did my nails a few nights ago, and by midday the following day, the color had almost completely chipped off three of my nails!  So I re-did them with a base and topcoat, and they're still going strong!

I also wanted to show you what this polish looks like layered over another color.  I used 2 coats of Revlon's Colorstay Longwear nail polish in Stormy Night (a dark gray) as a base, and then layered one coat of Sally's Razzle Dazzler, and it came out like this: 

I feel like the possibilities are endless with these!  I can't wait to try Razzle Dazzler layered over a pink shade, I think it would be really pretty.  

Here's the two together- Razzle Dazzler layered over Stormy Night on the left, and Razzle Dazzler by itself on the right: 
What are your thoughts on these?  Do you love them as much as I do?





3 comments

  1. I love how you layered it over another polish! That's such a great idea to dress up any other color, and it looks amazing. Thanks for the inspiration ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the black glitter one and I love it! They are super hard to take off..i found picking it worked better than remover

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey there , I bought the Sally hansen's gem crush #5 ,, I applied milani's navy blue for base and coated with #5 and almost all my friends ,, teachers,, school mates comlemented ,, even a stranger boy was like ooh I like your nails ,, I am 16 btw =} I am in love with this gem jeweled <3

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig