Nuance by Salma Hayek Preview & Swatches (and WIN a free product!)

Even though the Nuance line by Salma Hayek isn't due out in CVS stores until August, I spotted it today.  The makeup display was set up, and I also saw skincare and haircare in their respective aisles.

Naturally, I had to try something from the line, and I was most drawn to the makeup, because it was full of very natural colors, not to mention cool packaging!  The color selection reminds me of Bobbi Brown, because of the look-good-on-everyone palette (no crazy colors here).
Obviously I wanted to try everything, but since I myself am on a budget, I'll have to wait to purchase more items.

For now, I'd wanted to give you a preview of the eyeshadows I bought.  First, I was drawn to the Mineral Eyeshadow Duo in Sheer Plum/Putty.  These shadow duos are supposed to be crease resistant and can be used wet or dry, according to the packaging.  Also, each duo comes with a matte shade and a satin shade.  I swatched a little of each color on a piece of white paper so that the colors would look more true. (The picture doesn't do it justice though)
The plummy shade has gorgeous gold flecks in it, and is way more beautiful in person.  The matte putty shade is a true putty color- brownish purple- just beautiful!  And these colors are truly crease resistant!  I wore mine all day and they still look amazing on.  They are highly pigmented and feel very velvety to the touch.  This duo cost $8.49.

Next up is my favorite eyeshadow quad EVER! Just from a packaging standpoint alone, it's genius.  It looks like a closed flower and the petals open up to reveal the four colors with a sponge applicator in the center.  I bought this in Natural, which has four very neutral, wearable (yet not boring!) shades.


The four colors in the quad are from darkest to lightest: 1. toasted almond; 2. shimmering bronze; 3. champagne gold; 4. frosted blush. 


Here, I swatched the four colors on a piece of white paper: 
Like the eyeshadow duo, these contain rice lipids & vitamin E to condition, nourish and protect lids.  These have the same amazingly soft, velvety texture and high pigmentation.  Everything is also paraben and fragrance free.  This quad cost $9.99. 

I am in love with this line already!  I can't wait to purchase more products.  I think this is a truly high-end drugstore line. 

To check out the full line, or to purchase, go to CVS.com .

Now, for the giveaway!  One lucky winner will receive the eyeshadow quad above, worth $10.  To enter, all you have to do, is post a comment below to let me know what you think of the Nuance line- do you want to try it, or have you already?  Then, subscribe to Frugirl by entering your email in the Subscribe form on the top left of our homepage.  (This is how we will know how to contact you if you win!)  Contest ends August 1st.  Good luck!

14 comments

  1. I can't wait to try this line! It looks amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw the bath and body products at my local CVS in Michigan, but not the makeup yet. :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also got that double shadow with the plum & gold and putty!!! Such a pretty combo and the putty is perfect for day, while you can add the plum shade for evening. Looks like we have the same taste- lol. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Today, I got the lip gloss in Berry and it is my new favorite go to gloss for everyday. There aren't a ton of ingredients and I can pronounce them. The shade is a "my lip color but better" shade and goes on with good pigmentation. It is a cream with no shimmers or glitters which is nice. No mineral oil in this gloss and it goes on so nice - not sticky/tacky like other brands and it's not too thin or too thick. It doesn't settle in the fine lines of my lips and it's got a great fruity scent to it. It is also flavored like a berry candy which makes my lips extra kissable. I will definitely be buying more of her glosses!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The gloss sounds amazing! I can't wait to try it! :) Thanks for letting me know.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think the Nuance line looks great. The colors are very workable and subtle. I like that it has everything you would want in a line. Products for eyes, lips, and face. I would love to try this line especially the eyeshadow quad and tinted moisturizer because most of them are really expensive and this is affordable.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't wait to try it - I just saw it today and just happened to check out your site for reviews! I want to try the tinted moisturizer, but heard it isn't as good as the eyeshadows. Have you tried? I entered your contest by sending my email : ).

    xoxo, Crystal
    Tweet: @watermoolen

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't wait to try it the eyeshadow quads they look amazing. Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I bought the gloss and one of the eyeshadow duos and I really like both. I want to try her skincare & haircare products as they say they are paraben free and have very natural ingredients.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The Nuance hair products are fabulous! My hair feels like silk with no tangle and smells wonderful! I now use the Nuance by Salma Hayek Smooth & Shine Anti-Frizz Serum, Meadowfoam Seed Leave-in Treatment and Raw Honey Color Protect Shampoo. Its affordable pricing $8.29 to $10.49, are well within my budget for hair products, especially of this caliber. In addition;the availability and convenience of going to my local “CVS”, impressive!

    Lynn W.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, now I'm really excited to try this new brand. Maybe a cvs trip is in my near future? I think yes

    ReplyDelete
  12. Putty is a ridiculously awesome blending color!!! I love the Plummy color too. I'm thrilled that I tried them- now I want all the duo's and the natural palette or pod...er..what do we call it other than cool. :)I also love that the shadow shades aren't too shimmery and very satiny. It seems like a good line. I tried out the eye serum sample and it burns my eyes so that one was a fail unfortunately. Most do burn my eyes though sadly. I think this is a pretty good line though so far- the lipsticks seem awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I would love to try the conditioners and a couple of eyeshadows, Can't wait for next week sale!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Holly cow I just seen it at CVS this past monday and there was no set up like that ,I hope they do get all that in all they had was a little one shelf display that had 3 different skin care 1 bottle shampoo,1bottle conditioner ,and the lip and eye shadow dom thingy they come in that's it. It sold out as fast as it got set up I went in at 10am and was only able to get shampoo,conditioner and 3 skin care items witch Io love them all so far but I am really wanting the makeup too.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig