Coty Wild Musk Review


 I worked at Sephora for three years and in that time, I became sort of a fragrance snob, if you will.  I found plenty of fragrances there that I liked, but I was always searching for a softer scent, one that smelled like clean skin, but not too soapy or citrusy.  I was looking for warmth without smelling like vanilla or chocolate or any type of food for that matter.  I never found it. 
The other day, I was in CVS and why, I'll never know, I stopped to check out an endcap featuring all the scents of my teen years.  There was Jovan Musk, Love's Baby Soft, Exclamation, all the Parfums deCoeur body sprays, and there in the middle was a Wild Musk tester.  I held it up to my nose, and it didn't smell offensive, so I sprayed a little on my wrist and walked around the store waiting for it to dry.
I forgot all about it until I went back to work and was sitting at my desk and caught a whiff of something amazing.  I held my wrist up to my nose and realized that I had found it.  I couldn't stop sniffing my wrist all day, and even asked a guy friend to smell it.  "What is that?" he wanted to know, but I was kind of embarrassed to tell him what it was, so I just said, "do you like it?" and he said, "it smells soooo good!" and grabbed my wrist so he could smell it again.
That night I went home and did a little research.  I couldn't believe that I was liking a cheap perfume so much, so I went looking for evidence that I wasn't crazy.  And I found it... 94 Makeupalley.com reviewers gave it 4.1 out of 5 and most of those who gave it less only did so because the fragrance didn't last long enough for them. 
This scent reminds me of high school...maybe I wore it back then, I'm not sure.  But it is definitely a snuggling fragrance. It's so warm and sexy, but clean at the same time- it's not a dirty-smelling musk.  Its notes are bergamot, jasmine, rose, amber, sandalwood, vanilla and musk.  Sounds heavy, but it's not.
I purchased the body spray the next day for $3.99 and when I got home, my fiancee could not stop snuggling me on the couch and smelling my neck.  The body spray is light and doesn't last long, so I am going to spring for the cologne, which is about $12.  If you want to try it, get the body spray first- it's only $3.99 and if you hate it, no big deal.  Test it out on your guy.  Don't say anything, just see what he does.  :)

2 comments

  1. Hi Jenna! I love the idea and the name of your blog! Would love to see you in the FABB Network that we're launching soon. Please join our Facebook page to get updates and invitation, and share your blog with our members.
    link to our FB page

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a big fan of this fragrance and also Skin Musk. It's similar but a little lighter- that one's my fave but Wild Musk is a close second.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig