The Mascara Wars- Flirt All That Lash Vs. Rimmel Volume Accelerator

I ended up getting sucked in to buying 2 mascaras that I happened to see today, one at Kohls from their Flirt! line, and the other was Rimmel's Volume Accelerator.  Since they're both volumizing formulas, I decided to pit them against each other to see which one comes out on top!
I'll rate them in different categories, then choose an overall winner. 




 Price:

The Flirt! mascara was not cheap at $14.  It was actually more like a splurge!
The Rimmel was priced at $8.50, but I was able to get it for $7.70 by using my Rite Aid loyalty card.
One Point Rimmel!

Brush:
The Flirt! All That Lash has the same giant teddy bear brush as my favorite splurge mascara, Diorshow.  I love giant brushes for creating volume.  The brushes were also stiff, which is another plus, as softer bristles make it hard to comb through clumps.  (You can see how thick the formula is on the end of the brush!)

The Rimmel brush was also amazing- it's large in size, but also has a tapered tip, perfect for grabbing those baby hairs at the inner corner of the eye without getting mascara all over your skin.  

I have to declare this round a Tie, because I liked both brushes for different reasons. Two points Rimmel, one point Flirt!

Formula:
The Flirt! mascara has a thick formula that reminds me of Diorshow again. It's great for layering without making lashes too wet and gloppy.  It also didn't flake or smudge much at all, and comes off with only warm water.  My only complaint was that it made my lashes stick together a little when I tried to layer on more than two coats.  I had to use a lash comb afterwards.

The Rimmel mascara was a wetter formula, but not so much that it got gloppy. I was able to layer it without it clumping.  It also has some high tech ingredients like Procapcil, Keratin and Caffeine that are supposed to make lashes more numerous over time.

Three Points Rimmel!  

 Results:
 Here's my before lashes...
 
 
And....the after pics.  Flirt! All That Lash is on the left, Rimmel Volume Accelerator on the right.  As you can see, they both gave similar volume and length, but the Rimmel separated lashes just a little bit better than the Flirt!. 




Rimmel Volume Accelerator wins!

So, I'm looking for your thoughts...have any of you tried either one of these yet?  This was my first experience with a Flirt! product, and they seem to have a slightly higher than drugstore pricepoint.  Does anyone feel that their products are worth the money?

4 comments

  1. Honestly, I'm not crazy about the Flirt products. They are ok, but definitely more expensive than drugstore brands and not any better quality. Love your blog! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the results you got with the Rimmel one- I thought about maybe layering the Rimmel thickening one with the Rimmel lengthening one for the ultimate mascara- what do you think?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for this review. I always buy flirt all that lash. Now I try rimmel. I love it and the price. Thanks so much. I been trying find cheaper verison.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there, I am so upset that Flirt all that Lash is now no longer at Kohl's and have gone online to try to find a tube as it was my favorite mascara!!! I am sorry but I think the photo on the left with the Flirt is the better photo because it makes you look like you have thicker lashes and more of them! Now that I can't get my Flirt however I am definitely going to the drugstore to pick up a tube of this Rimmel. SO Thanks very much for your beauty blog and experiment! I had told so many people about Flirt!!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig