Palmer's Cocoa Butter Gel Oil Review

I am a big fan of body oil, because I find that regular body lotions evaporate over the course of the day, and my skin is dry and flaky again by the evening.  I've been using Neutrogena's Sesame formula body oil, and I love it...it's one of my favorite products in the world. 
But I was in Walgreens the other day and spotted Palmer's Cocoa Butter Gel Oil.  I thought that a gel formula might be a convenient alternative to the regular oil. 
This product is fantastic!  It's thick, almost the consistency of honey, but it spreads very well, especially on damp-from-the-shower skin.  It takes a few minutes to soak in, but when it does, your skin turns to velvet!  It smells like cocoa butter , so those of you who do not like a coconut-chocolate type scent, won't like this product. I happen to love it, because it smells like vacation.
Another great thing about this product is that it imparts a gorgeous sheen on the skin, like all the celebrities in magazines have.  Regular body oil only gives that sheen for a little while, but this lasts all day.  In the summer when my skin is tanned, I think it's going to look amazing! 
Of course, I'll still use the Neutrogena if it's really humid outside, because I have a feeling that the Palmer's won't soak into the skin well in very humid weather. 
Overall, this is a great find, especially for those of you who have really dry skin, or that want a dewy glow that lasts all day. 

1 comment

  1. I use this product a lot, and I love it, but the only problem is the smell. I personally love it, but my boyfriend can't stand it. He groans whenever he sees me putting it on...lol. They should make an unscented version.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig