Revlon PhotoReady Foundation Review


After trying Revlon's PhotoReady powder, I knew that I had to try the foundation.  It cost $12.99 at Walgreens, considerably less than other HD foundations, such as Make Up For Ever HD, which is $40. 
The first time I used it, I wasn't really a fan. I was in a hurry that morning and I didn't use a primer.  PhotoReady has a pretty thin consistency, and I noticed flakes on my forehead and around my nose right after applying it.  I was so pissed off that my face was flaky and I had to redo my makeup, that I took the foundation right off and used something else.  Needless to say, I was disappointed and I didn't even notice whether the product actually did what it claimed to do. 
The next day, I decided to give it another go using a primer this time.  I applied Loreal's Studio Secrets Primer to my moisturized skin and then added the PhotoReady over it.  Aha, perfection!  It went on smoothly and evenly, and despite it's thin consistency, it covered imperfections very well.  It diffused the light and made my face look really flawless.  Now that I know how to apply it, I am really loving this foundation, and is comparable to the more expensive HD foundations.
People with oilier skin might not have to layer the primer underneath to get a flawless look like I did, but I'd really like to hear from those of you who've used it! 
I've read on other review sites that some people have found this to be glittery...I didn't experience this at all.  It has maybe a slight shimmer in certain light, but it adds a glowy effect that I thought looked really pretty. 

No comments

Post a Comment

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig