Garnier Triple Nutrition Undo Dryness Reversal Treatment Review


As you all know, my hair is very dry, due to bleaching, blowdrying and iron use.  I like to use a deep conditioning treatment once or twice a week to keep my hair soft and manageable, and at $22.50 for Frederic Fekkai's Shea Butter Hair Mask, my current treatment, I decided that I need to find something a little cheaper.  I noticed that Garnier had come out with a treatment in their Triple Nutrition line, and upon reading the back of the bottle, I found that, just like Fekkai's treatment, it contains Shea Butter, plus it also has Olive and Avocado Oils.  It even looked the same in the tube- same color and consistency.  The best part?  It cost just $6. 
So I tried it this morning in the shower.  It's a pale yellow color, with a thick, buttery consistency that spreads very easily through the hair, just like the Fekkai treatment.  It smells great, and contains tiny beads, which, according to the packaging are apricot seeds.  I'm not sure if they do anything, but it's a nice touch.
I left it on while I washed and scrubbed- about 3-5 minutes.  My hair felt very silky as I rinsed.  
Overall, it conditioned my hair very well- it didn't look like shampoo commercial hair, but it looked considerably less fried on the ends, and even had a little shine.  It does everything the Fekkai does for less money.
The one thing to be careful of with this treatment, is that it is very heavy, and may make fine hair look greasy.  It seemed to weigh my hair down a bit, so I think next time, I will only apply it from the middle of my hair to the ends to avoid getting greasy roots by midday. Overall, this is a great alternative to the Fekkai Shea Butter Treatment for a fraction of the price.

1 comment

  1. I'm going to try this on my relaxed hair. Nothing I've tried so far has helped.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig