Revlon Luxurious Color Eyeshadow Review


I've been reading good things about the new Revlon Luxurious Color Eyeshadows, so I was really excited to try them out!  I chose to try Platinum Glimmer (pictured), which is a gunmetal gray.  It's one of the "satin" formulas, as opposed to the "perle" which had a little too much shimmer for a Tuesday morning. 
I was really impressed with the pigmentation and softness of the powder, which reminded me of Stila's eyeshadows.  At $5 each, they really pack the same pigment power as much more expensive shadows, which is a great thing.  The other nice thing is the range of colors- although limited, all of the colors were very appealing.
But....even though my shadow was gorgeous when I left the house this morning, by 1pm, it had all but disappeared from my eyelid, and a definite line of shadow had settled into the crease.  Maybe it's too soft and powdery?  I don't know, but I was really, really disappointed, because I want to like this shadow!  I find that Revlon's Color Stay 12 Hour Shadow palettes have much better staying power than these. I'm going to try it with an eyeshadow primer tomorrow and see if that will help the color grip better.  I'll keep you updated on what happens!
****UPDATE****
So yesterday, I said I would try this shadow with an eyeshadow primer.  I actually used the Loreal Studio Secrets Resurfacing Primer on my lids, and sure enough, the shadow stayed put! It's 9pm, and it's still going strong.

No comments

Post a Comment

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig