New Haircare Brand | Maui Moisture



There's a new haircare brand at Ulta called Maui Moisture and I'm kind of obsessing about it at the moment. The packaging is super cute, every product is affordable at $8.99, and they're all sulfate and silicone free. Not to mention, I love anything tropical and beachy (growing up in the Northeast will do that to you!).

There are six different types to treat different hair conditions...

Smooth & Repair + Vanilla Bean ($8.99) is meant for frizzy, unruly hair and contains rich vanilla bean, creamy cocoa butter and kukui nut oil to defrizz, mend and restore. The line contains shampoo, conditioner, hair butter, and oil mist. 
Thicken & Restore + Bamboo Fibers ($8.99) is meant for weak, brittle hair and contains bamboo fibers, rich castor oil and neem oil to densify, revive, and add strength. The line contains shampoo, conditioner, fortifying mask, and strengthening milk.
Strength & Anti-Breakage + Rich Honey ($8.99) is for chemically damaged hair and contains rich honey, hibiscus oil, and fresh pineapple oil to smooth, heal and quench. The line contains shampoo, conditioner, hair mask, and raw oil.

Heal & Hydrate + Shea Butter ($8.99) is meant for dry, damaged hair and contains creamy shea butter, rich coconut oil and pure macadamia oil to soften, quench and repair. The line contains shampoo, conditioner, hair mask, raw oil and detangler leave in. 

Nourish & Moisture + Coconut Milk ($8.99) is meant for dry hair and contains coconut milk, guava oil and mango butter to hydrate and detangle without adding weight. The line contains shampoo, conditioner, and weightless oil mist.
Curl Quench + Coconut Oil ($8.99) is meant for thick, curly hair and contains coconut oil, creamy papaya butter, and plumeria extract to hydrate, smooth and defrizz. The line contains shampoo, conditioner, curl smoothie, and curl milk.
I'm having such a hard time deciding which ones to try because my fine, chemically treated, dry hair fits into a few of the descriptions. I'm thinking I might try the blue Coconut Milk shampoo and conditioner to hydrate without adding too much weight, plus the Bamboo Fibers strengthening mask and strengthening milk to repair some of the damage.

Have you seen this line yet? Which ones do you want to try?

You can find Maui Moisture at Ulta.com

18 comments

  1. OMG what a cute line! I've never heard of this brand but I really want to try some of these. I love anything beachy too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to live in Hawaii and miss it so much. I need to try the Vanilla Bean line, it sounds perfect for my thick, coarse hair.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh you're so lucky! I've always had a thing for Hawaii...I used to want to move there when I was a kid. It was probably all those long New England winters, yuck!

      Delete
  3. I love how you have a knack for finding these neat little indie brands. Its one reason I love your blog. I'm going to Ulta's site now to check this out- I'm in need of some new hair products, perfect timing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks Fantasia! It makes me so happy to hear you say that! Indie brands always intrigue me...I guess I just tend to get bored with the same old drugstore brands sometimes. :)

      Delete
  4. I can't wait to hear what you think. Especially in terms of Volumizing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll definitely do a review on these soon. I am in desperate need of volume so that's one thing I'll be on the lookout for. :)

      Delete
  5. I bought the Bamboo for strengthening and restoring at Ulta yesterday tried it this morning and after just one shampooing it was fantastic! loved it! smells good rich lather rinsed well and I felt right away that my hair was thicker, which is a blessing because it's been falling out more than ever lately and thinning. I want to go back and pick up a few more to rotate!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just found this line too - my dealbreaker criteria is that it must be cruelty free and they are!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. :) I am sitting here with the anti breakage hair mask on right now doing a deep conditioning treatment! I also bought the curl milk and curl smoothie, btw they're on B1G1 50% off this weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was advised to use the Maui moisture mask. I must say it is working miracles. Hair looks totally better. I have non processed grey very curly thick hair. I am a believer and will try more of this line.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I had not see this brand yet, but I luv your review. It's great to see a brand that work that is cruelty free too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I’m currently using the “Heal & Hydrate” Shampoo & Conditioner and so far I love them. My ends are pretty much destroyed from heat and color damage so I was looking for something that was going to give them some life. The smell is amazing! Not overpowering, but the subtle fragrance lasts for days. I noticed my hair got it’s shine back and was extremely soft after one use. There is still visible and obvious damage to my ends but they are noticeably smoother, shinier and softer. I have only used the products twice so far and both times were at night before bed so I don’t think I’ve gotten the best possible results. My hair works best when I wash it in the morning and let it air dry with as much sunlight as possible so once I try that I will get more accurate results. My curls also looked much better after using the products.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just bought the Curl Quench + Coconut Oil. We'll have to see how it works.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just bought some at Target. The packaging and smell won me over. I just hope its the same formula at Target that they are selling at Ulta.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I use the the coconut one for thick curly hair and I love love love it! Controls frizz, smells great and I don't have to use too many styling products. I am HOOKED!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have the vanilla bean one, it smells like a freakin cupcake! And it makes my hair feel so soft and good. BUT I have a question. Is it safe on color treated hair?!

    My Name is Lucy and I didn't want to enter an account that's why it's under anonymous sorry!!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig