Almay Re-Signs Elaine Irwin for New Age Essentials Line


Who remembers the Almay ads from the early to mid-2000's with Elaine Irwin? 

The brand has just announced that they have re-signed the 90's supermodel her to represent their new Age Essentials line, which will feature a foundation, concealer and lip treatment. 

All three products will range from $12.99-$14.99 and contain collagen, hyaluronic acid and peptides to help the skin maintain a more youthful look.

You can see a preview of what the foundation will look like in this ad from WWD.com: 
Photo: WWD.com
The new products are set to arrive sometime this summer...what do you think? Are you excited for this new launch? 
I have to say, I've been underwhelmed by Almay in the past, but I do like the direction they've taken lately by updating some of their products and packaging (like the Smart Shade blushes and bronzer with the star pattern). So I'm really interested to try these new products and see what they're like!

6 comments

  1. Almay is one of those brands I keep rooting for. They have good products that are fantastic for sensitive skin but the packaging and product line offering just bores me to tears! I hope this new line is worth talking about.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel the same way. I never really think of them when I'm at the drugstore but the products I have tried have been good! They need some spicing up so people will notice them. :)

      Delete
  2. I miss the 90's supermodels! I like the direction they're going in, it's nostalgic. I like Carrie Underwood, but somehow seeing Elaine Irwin's face in ads again is comforting and familiar.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Elaine Irwin, Cindy Crawford, Linda Evangelista, Claudia Schiffer, Naomi Campbell, and Christie Brinkley were on just about every cover growing up. I kind of miss that era.

      Delete
  3. I met Elaine at a cvs in bloomington -she was so nice and absolutely stunning without any makeup on! You could definitely tell she was not your average woman-she had that indescribable thing that catches your attention! Glad to see her back with Almay!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Elaine's face is the only way I can tell it is Almay, and not Neutrogena, in a magazine!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig