Wet n Wild Megaglo Multi-Sticks | Review & Swatches

wet-n-wild-megaglo-multi-stick-review
Wet n Wild Megaglo Multi-Sticks are part of the brand new Summer 2016 Limited Edition Collection and I couldn't wait to review & swatch them for you guys! These claim to be a multi-purpose cream pigment that illuminates the skin with shimmer and color. They're formulated to be used on eyes, face, lips, and body, although I had the best results using them on my cheeks.

Price: $3.99 each

Where to Buy: Walgreens stores (soon at CVS and Kmart).
wet-n-wild-multi-stick-review
Wet n Wild Megaglo Multi-Sticks in Marigold Round, Light Up My High-Biscus, and Carnational Anthem
Review: 

These sticks have a soft, creamy texture that's blendable and non-greasy. They're meant to be used on eyes, cheeks, lips, and body but I will likely only use them on my cheeks. I don't feel that the colors are suited to my eyes (except maybe the lightest one, Marigold Round as a highlight shade) and I can't really see using these on my body for any reason.
On my lips, they feel comfortable and non-drying, but visually they're kind of a mess. They tend to accentuate every flake and line and have a frosty finish that looks a bit outdated.

Marigold Round is a champagne shade with a hint of pink and it works well as a cheek highlight on my light skin. The shimmer is very fine and comes across as a sheen rather than a glitter. This shade has the most shimmer out of the three shades.

Light Up My High-Biscus is a light rosy pink shade with a shimmery finish that works well as a blush on my light skin. Deeper skin tones may find that this doesn't show up as a blush, and it would likely work best as a highlighter in that case. The shimmer is also very fine in this shade and isn't chunky or glittery.

Carnational Anthem is a peachy coral shade that also works nicely as a blush. It has the least shimmer of the three shades, giving just a very subtle glow. It's also the darkest shade and will show up better on a range of skin tones.

I found that they have an average wear time of about 5-6 hours on my skin...not so terrible that they're sliding off after an hour but not super long-lasting either.



wet-n-wild-cream-highlighter-swatches-multi-stick

When I first posted a sneak peek of these last week, I got a lot of questions about how they compare to the highlighting sticks from the limited edition Disney's Dare to Dream Pocahontas collection that was at Walgreens over the summer. That collection was made by Markwins, which is Wet n Wild's parent company so naturally I was also very curious about that. I pulled out the two shades that I reviewed last July (see my review here) and right away, the only shade that looked similar was Marigold Round.

I swatched all three side by side and found that Marigold Round is actually very close to the Great Spirit shade in the Pocahontas collection, except that Marigold Round is just ever so slightly more pink. Still, if you already have Great Spirit, you may not even want to bother with Marigold Round, since they look identical when blended out on the skin.
wet n wild multi-stick-review
Left to Right: Pocahontas Luminizer in Free Spirit (gold), Great Spirit (champagne), & Wet n Wild Marigold Round
Overall, these are cute little cream sticks that are great for highlighting and adding some color to the face, but I didn't really find them useful on my eyes, lips, or body.

Have you found these yet? What do you think of them?

10 comments

  1. Replies
    1. She adressed that in the post above. 5-6 hours average, not long lasting but doesn't slide off either.

      Delete
    2. Yes, they had decent staying power but that's also on my dry skin. I'm not sure how long they would last on oily skin types or in more humid weather. :)

      Delete
  2. I got 2 of the Disney Pocahontas highlighters, so I'm set! I use them almost everyday, as a cream base for my powder blushes. Love! (Katherine T.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I LOVE the Pocahontas ones and these are pretty much the same formula, just different colors. :)

      Delete
  3. I'm still waiting for the display... was going to maybe pick these up along with the highlighting powders, but based on quality, may have to pass.

    www.makeupmusicbooks.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Could you do a swatch comparison with benefit Watts up?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure, I can add that to the post! I swatched them together when I first got these and they're really not close at all. I thought the lightest shade might be a dupe but sadly, its not. :(

      Delete
  5. Do you think they would make a good eye-shadow base, or do you think they would crease or wear off too quickly?

    ReplyDelete
  6. would you say these are less glittery than most powder highlighters, like more glowing and natural looking? I'm looking for a gift for my friend who's picky about "glitter" on her face.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig