Profusion Studio Blush Palette Review and Swatches

If you've been following me for a while, you probably know that I've turned into quite a Profusion Cosmetics junkie lately. Their newest products have left me so impressed, especially the Studio Contour and Studio Highlight palette (see my reviews here and here). So when I saw their Studio Blush Palette on their website and I knew that it had to be mine. Luckily, before I even had to place an order, I spotted it at my local Kmart (I didn't even know they carried Profusion!). It looked even more beautiful in person, and at only $5.99 (or $1 per blush-crazy right?) I couldn't resist. Let's take a look...
Profusion Studio Blush Palette

Like the other Profusion Studio palettes, this comes in a slim black cardboard case with a magnetic closure. There's a plastic sheet taped over the blushes that has their names printed on it, so you'll want to keep this if you want to remember the shade names. Luckily, it's shaped to fit over the top and sides of the palette so it'll still stay put even after you remove the tape.
Profusion Studio Blush Palette
Like the other Studio palettes, the Profusion Blush Palette has generously-sized square pans, perfect for getting any size brush into.
Profusion Studio Blush Palette review
The shades in this palette are all matte except for the bright pink shade in the center of the bottom row. It has a little bit of shimmer but nothing too crazy. I love the selection of shades from pale peach, apricot, and nude on the top row to coral, pink, and plum on the bottom row. This is the type of palette you can reach for no matter what you're wearing or what type of look you're going for.
Profusion Studio Blush Palette review

Formula-wise, the Profusion blushes are highly pigmented and velvety just like their eyeshadows. There isn't one dud in the whole palette either, they're all amazing. They do kick up a bit of fallout when you dip a brush into the pans but that's just because they're so soft. Wear time is really good at about 8 hours or so, even on my dry skin. I've found that buttery formulas like this tend to have better "grip" on dry skin, whereas more powdery formulas just brush right off in an hour or two. 
swatches

I thought some of the shades looked similar to some Tarte shades I own, so I took out my Tarte Big Blush Book and did some comparison swatching.
tarte big blush book and profusion blush palette

Three of the shades in the Profusion Studio Blush Palette were very similar to Tarte's. The formula feels quite a bit different since Tarte's are made with Amazonian Clay and as a result, they feel drier but also have less fallout than the Profusion shades.
tarte blush dupes
Overall, this is a killer blush palette at a great price. I love the versatile shade range, the soft velvety formula and large-sized pans. At only $1 per blush, this is a win-win all around...highly recommend!

You can find the Profusion Studio Blush Palette at ProfusionCosmetics.com or in select Kmart stores.

5 comments

  1. I found this at Kmart for 50% off. It was in the Holiday Clearance for some reason. Final price was around $2.50. Score!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, that's amazing!! I wonder if they just didn't know where to put it so they stuck it on the clearance shelf. My Kmart didn't have a permanent display but it was at the end of an aisle.

      Delete
  2. Nice! So pigmented. It's nice to know it has dupes for the Tarte blushes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its such a nice palette! Love!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig