Recent Favorites

As a beauty blogger, I'm constantly buying (or receiving) new products to try and a lot of times, the things I review aren't necessarily things I would buy for myself, such as matte lipsticks, contour palettes, and bright neon eyeshadow colors. But when it comes to posting reviews, I tend to choose the products that are most popular...things I know you guys are looking for reviews on. Still, once in a while, I like to talk about my personal favorites...things I've discovered and am totally loving, but haven't gotten around to talking about yet. So without further ado, here are three things I'm totally obsessed with at the moment.
Lollia Wish No. 22 Perfume ($48 at Lollialife.com)- I originally found this fragrance while I was shopping at Anthropologie. I remember spritzing the tester on my wrist and forgetting about it until later in the day when I kept wondering what that delicious smell was...and then I realized it was Wish. I could not stop smelling my wrist for the rest of the night and I knew I had to purchase it. I started out with a small bottle ($9 at Lollialife.com) because I'm finicky when it comes to fragrance. One day I'll love something but then it starts to bother me and I wonder why I liked it in the first place. So I like to try it out for more than just a day before I spring for the full size bottle.

Well, I ended up springing for the full size because I can't get enough. This is a warm, sweet scent with vanilla bean, rice flower, sugared pastille, Jasmine leaves sweetened with sugar cane, Ylang Ylang, and amber woods. It's always difficult to describe perfume to other people, especially when they smell different on everybody.  On me, this starts out warm and sweet, but not cloying or headache-inducing. It's gourmand but fresh at the same time, so it's not heavy at all. I get more of a beachy vibe from it, but it's not a suntan lotion scent...I actually smell coconut on my skin even though it's not listed as a note and I also pick up the vanilla and rice flower. I get a ton of compliments from strangers on this one because it doesn't smell like anything else. Plus, the bottle is just gorgeous! It has bees made of gold leaf with blue accents...it looks so amazing on a vanity table.
So if you're into warm, sweet scents, but are looking for something a little lighter, try the small size first and see what you think...Lollia also have other fragrances (Relax is another one I really like).
lollia wish perfume
Lollia Wish Perfume
Next up are these little Nugg Hydrating face masks ($3.29 each) that I recently found at Target. A few weeks ago, my husband was away on a business trip and my sister came to stay with me. After I put my son to bed, we ended up trying out the Hydrating one (there's enough for at least two people in one of these pods) and it was incredible! It has a milky gel-like consistency and it felt so soothing and moisturizing on my skin. You're supposed to leave it on for 5-10 minutes, but my sis and I got to talking and then I realized we had left them on for almost an hour. Once I rinsed, my skin was plumped and smooth as a baby's butt...I didn't even need moisturizer. For the rest of the night, we kept feeling our faces in awe of how soft they were. Now I'm addicted. I went back and got a bunch more and I also bought some Exfoliating ones with cranberry seed oil and jojoba beads and a Soothing version with shea butter and chamomile. If I like those as much as I love the hydrating one, I'll definitely share and let you guys know!

Finally, I picked up these Albeit Nourishing rose lip balms ($12) at Anthropologie recently and I'm in love with them! The packaging is retro and gorgeous...they come in these heavy glass jars with a beautiful gold lid...very art deco. They're packed with amazing ingredients like argan, marula, jojoba, soybean, and coconut oils and have no petrolatum. I bought the light pink Rose one first (it shows up clear for the most part) and after wearing it to bed several nights in a row and falling in love with it, I went back and got the Amaranth which looks bright red in the jar, but just gives your lips the perfect rosy tint. These don't really have a scent to them...maybe a very slight rose scent, but it's barely there. They make my super dry lips look dewy and feel so soft.

Here's a swatch of the Amaranth...it's a bit more concentrated here so it looks dark, but it's more subtle once it's sheered out on your lips. Albeit also makes a lip scrub in the same kind of jar, so I really want to try that one next. 

So that's it! Just a quick little post about three of my newest obsessions. Have you tried any of these products? I'd love to hear from you. :) 


4 comments

  1. I haven't checked out beauty at Anthropologie lately, but I will soon! The fragrance sounds divine!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kari, its amazing lately they have so many unique things you can't find anywhere else. I love it! :)

      Delete
  2. Hi! I love your posts, makes me want to try everything! Btw, is that an alex and ani bracelet in the picture? I am obsessed with them! Anyways, enjoy your holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, that NUGG mask was also an Allure 2015 Winner, and based on your review, I need to check it out ASAP! There's 2 Targets near me that have them, so I'm braving a trip there soon (Katherine T.)

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig