L'Oreal Spring 2016 is Here!

This time of year, I try to check Bed, Bath & Beyond as often as I can, because new products start popping up almost every day. This morning I was so excited to see new L'Oreal products, including the True Match Lumi Cushion Foundation, Les Monos Eyeshadows and Contour kits I posted about back in October!  I took a bunch of pictures for you guys, so let's take closer look...


I'm so excited to see a cushion foundation make its way to the drugstore! I've been using the Laneige Cushion Compact for almost 2 years now, but it's expensive, even though you can get it at Target now. I have also tried several cushion compacts from Etude House which are more affordable but not always easy to get from Korea. I love cushion foundations simply because they're so easy to use...just pat and go. I'm excited to see how these stack up to the Korean versions I've tried. I'm also intrigued because it's under the name "True Match Lumi" so I'm wondering if it has shimmer in the formula like the other "lumi" products from L'Oreal.


It comes in 12 shades, and you can choose from Cool, Neutral, or Warm tones.

A nice feature of this display are these shade selection cards. They have three strips on them that you can peel off and stick to your skin...well, ideally to your face but I didn't have a mirror so I stuck them on my hand. I have cool toned skin but going by these stickers, the cool shades looked a little pink next to my skin color. I don't want to look even pinker than I already am, so I decided to try a neutral shade, since they can be worn by people who are either cool or warm toned.

Next up are the Infallible Pro-Contour kits ($11.49). They come in three shades and each compact contains a highlight, a contour and a small brush.

Here are some close-ups of each shade:

L'oreal Infallible Pro-Contour Light

L'oreal Infallible Pro-Contour Medium

L'oreal Infallible Pro-Contour Deep
Finally, I'm so excited to see the Les Monos by Colour Riche eyeshadows ($4.89 each). These have been out in Europe for a while now and the swatches I've seen were just gorgeous. I ended up getting six of the 14 shades and I posted swatches to my Instagram page here. I'll be posting a full review on these soon, but I want to wear them for a little while first and see how long lasting they are, if they crease, etc.

Here are some close-ups of the shades...




So, are you excited about the new L'Oreal Spring 2016 line? What are you most interested in trying?

6 comments

  1. Saw all of these just now, I got the foundation because I am always a sucker for a new foundation type and delivery system. skipped the shadows as I have plenty but they did look tempting
    Pick up 2 of the Cover Girl balms, used a bunch of BBB coupons and it's def the Nouveau Cheap way ☻

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha same here! I used four 20% off coupons and two $5 off coupons to buy all this stuff. The $5 coupons are my favorite when it comes to makeup because they add up to more than the 20% when the items are inexpensive.

      Delete
    2. That's exactly why I didn't pick up any of the Monos...I have sooooo many singles. And let's not even bring up palettes! I did stare at them for quite a long time though lol

      Delete
  2. update loved the Cover Girl Balm, these are the new ones that are knocking off the Sugar lip balms.

    not too much taste, good color and feel great, moisturizing after going for a long walk today
    well worth trying

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm I am definitely interested in the mono's! I wasn't at first, but seeing them up close, there's a few colors in there I really want!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The contour color for fair skin looks really nice. It is not easy finding a shade that will blend out and look natural. I definitely need to get back to BBB for the CoverGirl palette and I want to try a few of these eye shadows.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig