Covergirl TruNaked Palette Review Goldens

Last week, I posted a review of the new Covergirl TruNaked Palette ($9.49) in the Roses shade and I was so impressed with the formula and quality, I went back and grabbed the other two shades, Goldens and Nudes. They first grabbed my attention because they claim to shade "like a leading $50 eyeshadow palette," which right away, made me think of Urban Decay's Naked Palettes. Once I tried this soft, buttery formula, I was hooked...it's truly a high-end quality formula, Covergirl wasn't kidding. It's not exactly like the Urban Decay formula, as these feel a bit different, but they pack just as much pigment in one swipe!
So today, I wanted to talk about the Goldens palette, which is similar to the original UD Naked Palette and I'll cover the Nudes one (similar to Naked 2) in a separate post. Let's take a look...
covergirl trunaked goldens palette

I'm not going to do a full review here, at the risk of being repetitive but for those of you that didn't see my original review, I'll just sum it up by saying that this formula rivals the higher-end palettes. It's highly pigmented, soft, and glides on so smoothly. It does create a little bit of fallout due to how soft the powder is, so I found that I don't need to dig into it that hard...sometimes I tend to dig my brush in, or go back and forth with my finger a bunch of times, trying to pick up a lot of product, but it's not necessary with this palette. Just a light swipe picks up plenty of pigment and will help keep the pans intact.

The Goldens shade contains warmer shades of beige, tans, olives and browns. It reminds me a lot of the Urban Decay Naked palette and I'll compare some of the shades below.
covergirl trunaked palette goldens

Here's the Covergirl TruNaked Goldens palette swatched. There are three matte shades, Creme, Cookie, and Sierra, and the rest are shimmer.  There's no difference in formula between the different finishes...they all feel the same! That's a rare thing...usually shimmers feel soft and mattes can feel dry and powdery, but not these...even the matte shades feel soft and velvety.
They apply to the eyes as beautifully as they swatch and the formula is long-lasting. I just can't get over how beautiful these are!
covergirl trunaked goldens swatches

When compared to the Urban Decay Naked palette ($54), I can definitely see some similar shades between the two. The TruNaked palette is missing those dark grays that the Naked palette has, as well as those pink-toned shades like Sin and Toasted. But the rest are pretty darn close!
covergirl trunaked urban decay naked palette

While I didn't find any dupes between the Cover Girl Roses Palette and the Naked 3, there were some close dupes between these two. Actually, Cover Girl Sunkissed is a spot-on dupe for UD Half Baked! CG Ginger looked really close to UD Smog in the pan, but when swatched, Ginger is a little warmer. UD Darkhorse and CG Ecru are those beautiful olive green-browns and are really close, almost identical dupes (on a side note...isn't Ecru usually a shade of white?). Finally, UD Hustle and CG Sierra are both maroon-purple browns that are close dupes, but not exact.
covergirl trunaked urban decay naked swatches

So...what do you think of TruNaked Goldens? I can see myself using this one a lot...it has so many wearable nudes and is just so gorgeous. I can hardly believe it's under $10! 
You can find these now at Bed, Bath & Beyond (if yours has a beauty department) and Harmons (and possibly the Christmas Tree Shops since they're the same company). They'll likely be popping up in drugstores any day now, so keep an eye out for these. If you want to try them, don't hesitate, because my Bed, Bath & Beyond is already sold out of these, after only a week, so I think the word is spreading fast! 

8 comments

  1. Thanks so much for the swatches and reviews!! In 1st swatch, Ecru looks like a greenish khaki brown, but is that just the lighting, because it looks all brown in 2nd swatch? Or maybe it has green undertones? I went to Bed Bath this weekend and sadly didn't see them, but will be stalking the DS to find these kits. (Katherine T.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need more eyeshadow like I need a hole in the head. But I want this one soooo bad! I seriously need to stop reading you because you are such an enabler and it's obvious I have NO self control whatsoever. And yes, I thought ecru was an off white too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Guess how much Cover Girl *I* bought this weekend?? Yeah...everything you see on this blog lol... It all really is that good though!!

      Delete
  3. I can't wait to find these thank you for the reviews so quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for this review. I do think that I am going to be stalking this one as well as the Roses!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Since when is ecru a bronzey brown? From Wikipedia, "ecru describes the shade greyish-pale yellow or a light greyish-yellowish brown".
    At any rate I was hoping color would make a come back in 2016 but it seems like nudes will dominate once again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I thought the exact same thing! I remember a friend of mine painting a room in their house Ecru and it was like an off-white eggshell color.

      Delete
  6. What a gorgeous palette! Thank you for the review. I ownMUA Undress Me Too & W7 Lightly Toasted. Have you tried W7 palettes? They even have dupes for UD naked basics!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig